“Saturday lunch was special!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lilly's

Lilly's
Reserve with OpenTable
Lilly's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 1,757 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Highlands
Cross street: Patterson
“Saturday lunch was special!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

While we don't live in KY, we've dined at Lilly's about a half a dozen times over the past few years, from special Saturday evenings with friends during the St. James Art Fair to lunch on a Bardstown-Road-shopping day. Recently we found ourselves in the area on a Saturday looking for a bite of lunch, and it was a primo choice to pop into Lilly's! Fresh tomato salad, rockfish, and the farmer's plate were all delicious! Our server was attentive and knowledgeable, providing answers to a few menu questions. Bottom line: since our first visit to Lilly's 20 years ago, we've not been disappointed, and this lunch was another gold star on the chart for Lilly's! Our only disappointment is knowing that we live too far away to make it in more than once or so each year.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Lisa K

Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and I and another couple recently dined at Lilly's at one of their pre-fix dinners. My wife has celiac and requires gluten free meals. When this was pointed out to our server, she was more than helpful and attentive to her needs. My wife had a salad and salmon, both of which were some of the best she's ever experienced. The sauce on the salmon was particularly good. I had salad and skirt steak which was also excellent. The bread provided was made in house and was terrific. Deserts (chocolate cake with bourbon chocolate ice cream and peach ice cream with ginger cookie) were great. The food was terrific, the server was one of the best we've had and the overall experience was memorable. We'll be back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Fred S
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little bit of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife, a very dear friend and I had dinner before the holidays at Lilly's. I had one of the best Lamb Shanks ever, the meat was cooked to perfection and the mushroom Risotto was creamy,but light. The salad was fresh the dressing light and very tasty. The service was as usual excellent, attentive but not overbearing. The atmosphere was great soft and clean with a French motif. I would highly recommend it for special night or business meeting.

• Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“A superb restaurant, superb chef and wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I'm a New Yorker - and worse, a jaded foodie New Yorker - who gets to Louisville a dozen or so times a year. I first met chef Kathy Cary when she prepared an incredible meal at the James Beard Foundation. I made it a point to catch up with her dinners at the Beard House every subsequent time that she was there, and her dinners were always met with raves from the other jaded New Yorker foodies). Since then, Lilly's has become one of my go-to restaurants, and I've never been disappointed. Kathy Cary is a truly dedicated chef, a wonderful hostess, and is committed to making the dining experience a truly memorable one. Over the years the restaurant has only improved (not her cooking, which really is world-class and hasn't needed improvement from day 1.... but the wine list has gotten more sophisticated, while remaining relatively affordable, with conscionable markups, often less than 100% of retail). The menus are seasonal and constantly changing. It's a good idea to go into dinner reasonably hungry, and sample a variety of the appetizers; they're reasonably priced, and a recent selection included incredible fried oysters, perfectly prepared fish rolls and french fries prepared in duck fat (not heart-healthy, but yum-o), and a variety of perfect salads. Kathy, in her Louisville home of Lilly's Restaurant has experimented with a number of cuisines, including a wonderful tribute to Julia Child several years back. (I've been blessed to actually have had Julia Child's food prepared by not only Julia herself but with Jacques Pepin "helping out" in the kitchen). Kathy did a killer job of recreating those dishes. On a recent visit to the restaurant, we were blown away with the duck confit salad, and even the seemingly simple-sounding roast garlic appetizer was an amazing dish, prepared with sardines, pesto and a great bleu cheese. For an entree, I ordered the "Seven Deadly Sins", a remarkable compilation of just about every part of the pig, from jowls to tenderloin to bacon mac-and-cheese to ear cracklins and trotter. One of the more memorable plates that I've ever had in a restaurant (and the bourbon mustard cream was an added bonus. (Yes, I needed to walk for an hour or so afterwards, but it was well worth it!) The service is usually spot-on, and Kathy - who appears to be almost always in the restaurant - is diligent in overseeing the dining experience. This is a world-class restaurant, and - despite a stinting 91-point review by Robin Garr (shame on you... it deserves much better!) should be a mandatory dining destination not only for Louisvillers (is that the proper term?) but foodies of all persuasions.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Howard G
Brooklyn, New York
“Hidden Gem!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Had Dinner here last night and let me tell you its proper fine dining right on Bardstown rd. I ordered the cauliflower soup which was amazing...full of flavor. I also ordered scallops as my entree. They were so juicy and tender. For dessert I had caramel cake with vanilla ice cream, which was the perfect way to end a great meal!!

• Visited November 2013