“Good food, but not sure it was worth the price”
Review of Lilly's

Lilly's
Reserve with OpenTable
Lilly's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 1,781 Restaurants in Louisville
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Highlands
Cross street: Patterson
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good food, but not sure it was worth the price”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My partner visited Lilly's for dinner this past Saturday. I haven't been here in awhile and was excited to go back. This place has an excellent reputation and is situated in the Highlands on Bardstown Rd, near some of the clubs I frequent. It was a busy Saturday night but they were able to accomdate us. We were seated at a booth in the back room along the window. I am 6 feet tall and the table of the booth was a bit high. It should have been about 3 inches shorter. I think it was because the springs in the booth were a bit worn. I didn't ask for another table, but if I had been a shorter person it would have been difficult to eat off the table. Our server was very personable. I had a wonderful cocktail to start off. It was a vodka, basil drink. Very very good, refreshing and well made. I could drink a ton of these.

We ordered some appetizers, mussels and some shrimp cakes. Both of these were really really good. For my entree I had a pork dish that included pork loin and some pork hash. It was good but not great. My partner had a fish special that he said was good but not great.

Overall I thought this place was good but our bill including two coctails and a bottle of wine was about $200....a bit pricey for the quality.

• Visited August 2013

“GoTo Spot”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Right in the heart of the highlands / bardstown road area, Lilly's is wonderful and one of our favorite places in town. You cannot go wrong with the roasted garlic, the from the garden or any of the locally sourced meats.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Lilly's Bistro is the perfect restaurant for that special event”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I went to Lilly's for an anniversary dinner. We picked a nice Pinot Grigio from a nice selection of both white and red wines. Ours was perfect for a very hot summer night. As soon as the wine came, we were served some very nice sliced French bread that was perfect with the olive oil and sea salt sitting on our table. I decided not to do an entree because I was more interested in the appetizers, especially when I saw that they had chicken liver pate. The pate was perfect and served with a nice tangy mustand and cornichons along with toasted bread. My husband got a creamy soup of some sort that he said was absolutely delicious. He received a very nice size bowl of soup that he thouroghly enjoyed. For his entree, he got the daily fish special. It was a very generous serving of bass that was the most perfectly prepared fish dish I have had! The bottom side was light and crispy and the white fish on top was moist and tasty. It was served on a bed of baby greens and some vegetables. I got a few bites of the fish with the greens, and the dish was absolutely delicious. There was a homemade sorbet for dessert that I wanted. It too was like the rest of the meal - perfect! The ower/chef Kathy Cary was serving in the dining room that night keeping watch on everthing that was coming out of the kitchen. It would not have been better. We shall return soon!

Georgetown, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Cakes”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I had an incredible lunch at Lilly's. The crab cakes were 100% lump crab and absolutely delish. Paired with a salad of bibb lettuce, fresh peaches, blueberries, and pickled onions it was divine. However the best part was the caramel cake that we indulged in later in the afternoon. Homemade and served with two scoops of vanilla ice cream it would be wonderful. However topped with the side dish of fresh hot caramel sauce that hardened when drizzled over the ice cream the dessert took on a decadence that made every calorie worth it. Highly recommended.

Louisville, KY
“Fabulous lunch!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Most people don't think of Lilly's for lunch as their dinner are known for their creativity.
Well, today as everyday I go there for lunch I had one of the best lunches in quite sometime.

Owner/Chef Kathy Cary always does the best job with quality and presentation. Perfect!

I had the Pre fixe which was a wonderful salad, Maine lobster entree and finished off with a delicious peach Melba. One excellent meal!

You will not be disappointed...run to Lilly's.

Enjoy!