“Good KY BBQ”

Momma's Mustard, Pickles & BBQ
Ranked #75 of 1,754 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Recently named one of the Top 100 BBQ Restaurants in America, Momma's sells Kansas City Style BBQ with Kentucky influenced, made from scratch side dishes. Dry rubbed BBQ including our "Best Wings Ever"! And our famous Beef Ribs.
Palm Desert, California, USA
“Good KY BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Had the brisket. Was wonderful. Terrific homemade baked beans and the best mac and cheese I've had in a LONG LONG time. Very affordable. Only gripe I have is waitress was kinda clueless.

Visited August 2014

“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Had the brisket sandwich with Mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. Brisket not bad but a little dry. Mac and cheese was homemade and good but the potatoes where instant. Also had 3 wings. The wings were good. Two sauces on the table and they were good. Service not the best, especially considering only 5 tables were being used while I ate lunch. A little disappointing based on prior reviews.

Louisville, KY
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

The food is decent as far as barbecue goes... We tried both locations and they are similar in quality of food and service. The service was consistent, both times we felt rushed and the servers acted like we were bothering them. There are tons of great places barbecue places around town and I would recommend them out. Additionally there is no kids menu which could make it difficult for families with picky eaters.

“You're an idiot if you don't try this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Ok... So my hubby is a BBQ aficionado. I would like to think I'm pretty well versed in it, having lived in AL, SC, and NC.

This place is CRAZY GOOD! Our waitress Dana suggested my hubby try the grilled cheese brisket (which isn't on the menu). He ordered it and said it was the best he's ever had. I tried a bite and it was so tender and flavorful! I had the pulled pork sandwhich and it was super tender. The sides were big and flavorful as well.

If you like homemade bread and butter pickles, you'll like the pickles here!

1 Thank Ashliekhiatt
Louisville, Kentucky
“Best Wings in Town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Just finished a late lunch with my 15 yr old son. We ordered wings to start...they were awesome. Best I've ever had! We each ordered brisket sandwiches, I had the slider version and he had the full size with 2 sides. The meat and sauce for the brisket were great, the buns, however were soggy on the bottom. We over looked that when we tasted his side dishes. The Mac n' Cheese was (according to my son) better than mine (don't worry, he'll never eat again...kidding). It was very good though. But the other side, the cole-slaw, was fantastic.
The service was good and the place was clean. I couldn't give the fifth star based on the soggy sandwich buns. They were a bummer. But I won't hesitate to come back soon.