“Wow!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sidebar
Ranked #18 of 1,748 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake Ridge, Virginia
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I loved the ambiance and the fact that I had the best gourmet veggie burger that I have ever had. Of course the mint/cucumber and whiskey cocktail was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Visited December 2013

Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Weird all around.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Decided to try this place because of the reviews. I highly disagree with a lot of them... Or we just came on a bad night. We walked in and the place wasn't crowded whatsoever and the hostess tried to seat us at a two-top directly in the middle of the room. We asked to be seated out of the way at another table and he kindly let us.

Our service was OK. We felt rushed. We asked for a drink menu and oddly enough they were "out of them" at the moment- we looked around and there was no one but a six top seated and people in the bar area so that was a little confusing. We ended up ordering a beer on tap without knowing price because we didn't have a menu in front of us; $16 later for two beers. Our beer cheese was good but right in the middle of eating it another server (or drink server) asked if he could take it for us as we were obviously still working on it (weird). I ordered the pimento cheese burger and my boyfriend ordered the California burger. Food came quick but both burgers were mostly bread. We both took the patty off the messy bun and ate it alone. Our fries were over seasoned with a pound of salt and Parmesan on each. My zucchini fries were terrible with thin strips of actual zucchini in a thick fried batter. Yuck.

If your bread and butter of your restaurant are bourbon and burgers- make sure you have enough drink menus, and either make your burger large enough to fit on the oversized bun or go smaller on the bun IMO.

Won't be coming back.

1 Thank Akbenn
philadelphia
“Seriously obsessed....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I travel to louisville a few times a moNth and have eaten at many restaurants.... Ever since I had a burger here I can't justify going anywhere else! Even my clients are obsessed with this place. If we go anywhere else we wish we had gone to Sidebar. Casual atmosphere, games on in the bar, great staff and amazingly fast service. Highly recommend!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio
“We didn't go in, BUT...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This wasn't on our itinerary and we were already full when we found this place... BUT we contemplated going in anyway, because it smelled amazing from the outside and looked like a great place to go! We are looking forward to checking it out next time we're in Louisville! If the food tastes half as good as it smells- it will be worth the trip!

Visited November 2013
Cayman Islands
“Drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Went for a drink at this bar down by the bridge - the manager / hostess was very firendly and the atmosphere was good. Drinks were also excellent and the burgers looked great - i did not eat there. The service at the bar was a little slow - more due to the fact of their draft beer design which does not give much help in trying to catch the bar tenders attention. I would go back. The happy hour on draft beers was excellent - i am not sure what was covered as was explained to the girls that were next to me but not to me...

• Visited November 2013