“Good and So So”

KingFish Restaurant
Ranked #1,085 of 1,829 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had lunch at the Kingfish on Kentucky Mills Drive Sunday with my wife. The place was like a tomb. Guess 11:45 is before the after church crowd.

Waitress, Helen if I remember, was good. Seemed to be there when she was needed but did not hover over us like a mother hen.

We shared the $5.99 Boom Boom Shrimp appetizer. It was OK but I would not order again.

Wife had the Wharf Boat and in a word it was awful. She had it broiled and there was absolutely no flavor and it was room temperature. Same for the rice side dish.

I had the large ( and it was LARGE) fried catfish. WOW! ! ! What a platter of fish. I counted eleven pieces of fish. Even though it was very good there is no way I was going to eat all of that. Took home 6 pieces for dinner. Had fried onion rings, hush puppies and slaw for sides. All were very good but the hush puppies, they were just room temp and no flavor. Just corn meal and water.

$32.00 for lunch is a little pricy.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Right on the Ohio River across from the Louisville riverfront is one of the Kingfish restaurants. My wife and I have enjoyed Kingfish for over 40 years and is a must stop whenever we return to Louisville. This time we had the seafood sampler, enough food for 5 for just $40.00. My wife counted 10 separate delectable meat items, each fried in a light batter, along with oodles of fries and the sumptuous hushpuppies. We shared this dish with my wife's father. After the stuffing, we took three take-home boxes back to Ohio. What a treat! Just go whenever you are in Louisville.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I had been looking forward to finally eating at Kingfish after hearing my father talk so fondly of it growing up. When we arrived I could tell this place was something maybe 30 years ago. The decor was outdated and the hostess was in a foul mood. We asked for a seat with a view of the river and she practically threw the menus at the table. Keep in mind they were not busy at all! Our food was bland and over cooked. I could have gotten fast food seafood with more flavor. The only good thing I can say about this place is our waitress was attentive and friendly and the view of the river was nice. They also have a great play area down by the water if you have children.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My Mom stayed back at the hotel but my husband and I took our 2 children to the Kingfish Restaurant on Kentucky Mills and we ordered the Barge so that we could have leftovers to take back to my Mom. Holy Cow! This Barge was only $40 and we all ate until we were stuffed and then still took back three to-go boxes of leftovers. Two types of fried fish, popcorn shrimp, fried shrimp, boom-boom shrimp, fried clams and fried frog legs (pass! but my mom loved them) all with unlimited fried and hushpuppies. Our waitress Michelle was very nice and did a great job, and the atmosphere was very calm and pleasant. The food was delicious and my whole family was very pleased.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Love the scenery...must eat outside and watch the boats up and down the river. You can drive your boat there as well. It is a staple on our visits to Louisville.