“Nice Surroundings”

The Original Impellizzeri's
Ranked #56 of 1,806 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went in for a quick lunch, the restaurant itself is well appointed and clean, service was quick and efficient and food very cheap. The salads were nice and crisp both the house and caesar, we each had a slice of sausage pizza, the crust was nice, light and crispy, there was very little sauce, an enormous amount of cheese and what can only be described a sausage dust, this is not a place I would eat again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The bar is great, location great, bartender not so great, the pizza looked like it was a frozen crust, toppings looked like they came from a bag, not fresh.
If this is the best pizza in Louisville (according to the hotel I stayed at) I won't look for pizza in this town next time.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The pizza is average, the pasta is average, and the service is good. But if you're looking for a comfortable restaurant that is reasonably priced and centrally located, this is your place. Even my kids were unimpressed by the food. But we were tired and hungry, and Impellizzeri's fit the bill. Our server was quite nice and eager to please, and we left with full bellies and without regret.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We really enjoyed the fresh pizza toppings and the crust was yummy! The meal would have been fantastic if the draft beer had been super cold! We would go back!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

What a fun and enjoyable pizza restaurant. Friendly servers... we changed tables clear across the restaurant to be closer to an electrical outlet -- pointed out to me by the staff -- so I could use my laptop (with their free Wi-Fi) and the server had no problem accommodating us -- even moved some of our stuff from table 1 to table 2 (which we had planned on doing ourselves when we asked if we could move).

The breadsticks were EXCELLENT and $7 (not bad). The pizza was average -- good but nothing overly special -- and priced at about $30. The soft drinks were priced very reasonably -- $2.09 with free refills (and we each had 3 or 4 refills as we enjoyed our time in the restaurant without feeling rushed -- I probably should note that the restaurant was only about 1/3 full at this time).