“Tasty!!”

Neighborhood: East Louisville
Neighborhood: East Louisville
“Tasty!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Very good Italian Beef!! The cheese fries were a bit salty but I will be back. Can't wait to try a hot dog!

• Visited August 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very Good & Authentic”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The itailan beef was juicy and tasty. The sauage was flavorful and spicy.
The owners are wonderful and kind-hearted, fantastic hosts!!

My only complaint would be the chili sauce. I feel as though it came out of a can and was not homemade. It was bland.

WIth that being said this is a much check out place in Louisville, we will be back!!

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Feeling at Home”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

After living in Chicago for 40 years, a job transfer brought us to Louisville. It was nice to find a restaurant that truly is "Chicago Style". If you have never been to Chicago, the city thrives on Mom and Pop style restaurants. On every corner (and I'm not exaggerating) there is a place like Lonnie's. I am glad that Lonnie and Diane brought the concept to Louisville. Simple food but tasty. I always feel welcome as they remember me every time I walked in over the past 10 years. They have catered many get togethers for us and our neighbors LOVE when we have "Chicago" parties.

Now if I just could find someone who knows how to make a real pizza!

• Visited June 2013
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Lonnie's Chicago dog”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I watch a lot of food network and have always been curious about the Chicago style dog. It seems to me that there's just too much stuff on it. It's SLAMMIN! I cant believe how much the cukes and tomato added to the overall taste of this little piece of Chicago. Staff is super friendly and helpful if you are not sure what you have walked into. Next time I'm getting the Italien beef!

• Visited July 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Lonnie's Bad Taste of Chicago”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this about the new location on Preston Highway. We were so excited to have a Lonnie's open close to our house. They opened this week so we went for dinner tonight. We placed our order and were told they were out of chili. Then my husband ordered potato salad and we were told they didn't have any. We were told it would be 30 minutes for chili if we wanted to wait. Instead my husband ordered a Chicago dog. After waiting probably ten minutes we got our food. We were missing the Chicago dog. My husband went to the counter and they said we didn't pay for it. I looked at the receipt and we had paid for it. He took the receipt up and the woman still questioned if we paid for it. Now onto my beef sandwich. I ordered the cheesy beef. They did not ask what kind of cheese I wanted. I would have liked provolone, but was given a cheese sauce. I think there was more cheese sauce than beef. I was really let down by the amount of beef. My fries were not fully cooked. One was ice cold and hard. I was also surprised at how few fries you get. My daughter's chicken nuggets looked like McNugget rejects. Some were missing the coating. The kids meals do not come with drinks. We spent $35 for basically hot dogs and fries. The woman behind the counter was saying she was the owner. I would like to think if she was the owner of the St. Matthews location that she would know how to run a restaurant. It got busy and there was no organization to the line. After being there 20 minutes, we were still hearing it would be 20 minutes before chili would be ready. The owner said they didn't have time to hire anyone, so their family were the workers, including young children. If we go back, it will be in a few months. Hopefully by then they will hire restaurant workers who know what they are doing. I've read other reviews and they are generally good. I guess I will blame this experience on them being new. Not impressed.

1 Thank Presnell4