“Nice Spot”

El Tarasco
Ranked #661 of 1,806 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very friendly staff and great food. The whole family really enjoyed it. No complaints here. Will visit again when in town.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This place has the best chips & salsa and everything I've ever eaten there has been great. Service is good (feel free to speak Spanish) and the value is awesome. Get the frequent dining card. It is the best inexpensive Mexican food I have found in Louisville.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I eat at el Tarasco more than any other! Prices are reasonable, portions are huge, service is excellent most of the time, food is outstanding!!!!!! Recommend: burrito grande - w/ steak well done topped with queso and red sauce, burrito del mar - topped with extra queso or queso and red sauce! Many items are excellent, but these two are my faves! Appetizers - I recommend the churizo dish, but I cant remember what its called. Try some mexican beer too! I like Tecate with extra lime myself.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

I love the food here! Great taste, large portions, & casual atmosphere! Get "tarasco style", it's a mix of red sauce & cheese sauce! Yum! Everyone I've recommended has loved it!!! It's my whole family's favorite! The only thing to be desired is the decor. It's an old Lee's Chicken & still looks like it. Try the Mexican beers (tecate or sol are my faves!)

Reviewed July 18, 2011

After a long drive from Myrtle Beach SC. We decided to try this place out. We were pleasantly surprised. Service was outstanding. Food was fresh. Our food was out in less than 10 minutes after we ordered even though the restaurant was very busy. Highly recommend the pregnant burrito and the nachos with ground beef. Prices are very reasonable