“really good this time”

Rubbies
Ranked #784 of 1,817 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Barbecue, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Rubbies is located in South Louisville and boasts a variety of selections and many signature dishes, from our Hickory Smoked BBQ Pork and Beef Brisket, Baby Back Ribs, Kentucky Hot Brown, The Double Decker Rubbie Burger, Our Famous Smoked Wings, Sizzling Steaks, & many other popular menu items. Everyone seems to find a favorite on our menu. Quality food and the comfortable atmosphere of a genuinely unique neighborhood grill and bar make Rubbies a favorite of locals, travelers while in town, and anyone else who has discovered this hidden treasure. Here's a description of a few of our popular items: Rubbies Famous Hickory Smoked Wings: Our Nearly World Famous Smoked Wings Are First Rubbed Down With Our Special Wing Rub Created By The Owner, Linda. We Then Slow Smoke Them In Our Smoker In The Back With Hickory Wood For Nearly 4 Hours! 8 Jumbo Wingettes to an order. One Of Our Favorites! Rubbie Famous "Motor Oil" Wings: Whole wings, deep fried & seasoned with our famous "Rubbies Motor Oil Sauce". The sauce is a secret, and is unlike any other wings you'll get anywhere. You can order them seasoned 'Mild', 'Hot', or '911' (not for the weak). Some say they're the best in Louisville, others say they're the best you'll get anywhere Sizzling Steaks: Order the Hand-cut Black Angus Rib eye, or the popular Rubbies Bourbon Glazed Steak. All steaks are topped with sauteed mushrooms and brought to you still cooking on a sizzling cast iron skillet Hickory Smoked Beef Brisket: Whole Briskets Are Rubbed with our Special Rub, then Slow Smoked With Hickory to have a Nice Smoky Bark, then Hand Cut and Served as a Sandwich... Tender & Delicious! Many credit us as having the best brisket around!
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I reviewed this place quite a while ago and I really didn't like it, I thought it was dirty, the service was poor and the for was so so. This time I went with a friend that talked me in to going back, he said it had changed. Boy did it, while the atmosphere is dated the coast beef dinner was fantastic and the bartender that waited on us was on the ball, i'm glad I went back.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I really don't understand all of the good reviews from Rubbies. I ate there once years ago and remember not being happy with the BBQ pork sandwhich. This was a place my husband always wanted to try and so I regretfully ate there again. The special for the day was chicken fried steak so I had that with mashed potatoes and green beans. The steak was tough, the gravy too salty, the mashed potatoes were fake out of the box potatoes, and the green beans were so salty I couldn't even eat them. Disgusting food and disgusting place.

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Wednesday is the meatloaf special day! Almost as good as Moms! Good price too. This place is a hidden gem in the Louisville area.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My running buddies like to go there once a week after our workout. Jessica is our server and she's wonderful. Love that every day that have a different special. Food is always good.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

It's been a long time since I'd eaten at Rubbies until this week. We had a quick business lunch and it was very good. I had an old fashioned double decker cheeseburger and fries.The burger reminded me of the kind you got as a kid and the fries were steak fries. Everything was good and hot. My partners had fried chicken sandwiches, that were made at the restaurant, not the frozen kind that you get at Mc Donald's. Tip and everything was $24 for 3 people. Not much more than for fast food and way better.