“Very yummy”

El Caporal
Ranked #885 of 1,821 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stopped in Louisville for the night and weren't sure where to eat. We just sort of stumbled across this place and we loved it! The food was great, the service was wonderful, and the prices were low!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Bottom Line - Excellent Mexican Restaurant! I was traveling through the Louisville area and had stopped for the night. In looking for a place to eat, I stumbled onto El Caporal and could not have been happier. The restaurant was not very busy the night I was there, an ice storm was on the way, but I was greeted like I was a regular when I walked in the door and they maintained that attitude the entire time I was there. I asked my waiter for a recommendation and he definitely pointed me in the right direction. I had the Enchiladas Super Rancheros - 5 different enchiladas with all the fixings - and they were really delicious. However, be hungry if you order this item, it's a lot of food. I liked the spice level on the platter but some might think it too hot. They had a very good chili habanero sauce on the table if you wanted more heat - which was a good thing for me. The service was prompted but not intrusive and I enjoyed the meal very much. I though the prices to be excellent and I will go back when I am in the area.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I could walk to this restaurant. Really good mexican food. Its on a side street about a block and half away from where I stay. Service excellent.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

While staying in Louisville for a couple of days, we were looking for a good place to eat. Saw the reviews and thought to give it a try. The place met the expectation set by the reviews. Service was good and fast. Food was hot and very tasty. Only one problem - order a margarita on the rocks and was given a frozen one. That was fixed quickly but the bill was for a frozen drink. Not happy about that. Otherwise this would be a place we would go back to if in the area again.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We've eaten here often, and never had a bad meal. (I'm writing this review for the one near the Sam's Club in Louisville) The service is always excellent, the margaritas delicious, and the food is always very good. Go there if you can!

1  Thank mmmagique