“Very good food”

Bluegrass Brewing Company
Ranked #335 of 1,757 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Goodview, Virginia
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We didn't have to wait very long for a table, even though they were very busy. Staff was nice. Wait for food wasn't bad at all. Asked for well done burgers and that's what we got. Burnt on outside edges though. Got the fish also and that was a delightful surprise. A nice large piece of white fish, cooked just right. A bit skimpy on the fries on all plates though. I believe they are seasoned in some sort of Garlic also. Plain fries would have been a big plus.
Overall meal was good though and given the choices around downtown Louisville I'd return again. Two burgers and fish dinner ran us about $38 not including tip.
Within 5 minute walk to Galt House Hotel.

Visited July 2013

Columbia, Illinois
“Nice Outdoor Seating, Decent Grub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Came through Louisville on our way to a golf trip in Lexington and decided on BBC for lunch. Decent portion sizes on all of the dishes, the chips were very good. The seasonal brew I had, the psychosis was pretty good but a little fruity for my taste... probably should have stuck with my initial thought of the Kolsch.

All in all, average experience. The wait staff was friendly but nothing to write home about. I won't stay away from the place if back in Louisville, but certainly not a "must stop" in my opinion.

• Visited July 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Love the new patio set-up”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped in for a beer or two for the first time since the Spring. The new patio is amazing, love that it is dog-friendly now. The open air feels nice on a summer day!
Thanks for the great service and delicious beer (and best margarita I've had at a non-Mexican bar in a long time!)

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Beer; Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I stumbled onto this place our first time visiting the city, and we were thrilled to have gone there. The microbrews were great, and satisfied our totally different palates (I like hops, he likes dark ales), the food was head and shoulders above typical pub fare, and - the kicker for me - they had so many delicious vegetarian options! My husband and I can rarely split dishes, but the veggie fare was so good here that he was more than happy to eschew meat and eat with me!

• Visited May 2012
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Good spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a brew on a pleasant evening in April. We sat out on the deck with our dog. At first we didn't know if we would stay because the service was a little slow. In the end it worked out well. The food was better than expected, the beer was fresh and tasty, and the waitress was friendly. My only comment is that a waitress in a brewpub should have better product knowledge about the beer the brewery is making.

Visited April 2013