“Great food, good beer” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bluegrass Brewing Company
Ranked #330 of 1,748 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great food, good beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We ate at the Fourth St. location and had a great meal. The service was quick and excellent. Their beer was pretty good - my porter wasn't quite as robust as I had hoped, but my boyfriend said the APA was one of his favorites ever, but we really enjoyed our food. Beautiful presentation, and well-made, original dishes. We thought the food was very well-priced for what we got.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Clara R

Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Stout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

OK - my ranking is for the beer. We did not eat here - drank and ordered an appetizer. The Bourbon Barrel Stout is so delicious. BE CAREFUL though - it went down so smooth - wow, I had too much of it. But if you like to try different beers - and you love a stout. Yummy - worth going here.

• Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“So happy to see micro brewing in Louisville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We are in Louisville several times a year and it is great to find a new place to eat. The food was excellent and our server, Megan was full of information. The raspberry mead was one of the best brews we have ever tasted.

Visited December 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“IT'S A GUY PLACE!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I've been before but this time I took my wife with me. BIG MISTAKE!! They have great bar food and fantastic beer BUT this is not a place a place to take a spouse or girlfriend to. It is more of a sports bar. BUT THE BEER IS SO GOOD!!
The next time I'll leave her at the mall and I'll eat and drink alone.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Great Micro Brews!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I dined / drank at the 4th St location in Louisville. The beers are excellent. If you enjoy darker micro brews, then this is definitely the place for you. The lighter beers are also excellent, but I truly appreciate a brewery that can hit the nail on the head when it comes to dark beers. There is also a decent selection of seasonal beers. Overall this is an excellent brewery.

• Visited December 2012