“This is a Vegetarian Restaurant”

Zen Garden Incorporated
Ranked #201 of 1,860 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Clifton
Neighborhood: Clifton
Reviewed February 5, 2012

The Noodle dis is spicy but great. The fried Tofu is pretty bad. Most the food is really good. My husband eat's meat and loves the noodle dish.

Reviewed April 1, 2011

This is by far one of the greatest restaurants EVER!!! Regardless of which world you eat in- carnivore or veggy- you will no doubt love this food!! The food comes out in a snap and is so fresh and tasty. As a soup lover, I can rarely find good soup devoid of chicken or beef broth or dairy, at Zen Garden I was in heaven! I got to enjoy my old favorite, HOT & SOUR soup!! It is everything I remembered about the pork laced traditional version, but way better! I filled up on fried rice, soup & jasmine tea.

I returned three days in a row, one day for two meals! The big noodle bowl soups are awesome! Udon, flat rice noodle and curry soups are some of my favs! The veg out app on iphone said "vegetarian" and the description said vegan friendly- not quite. Everything on the menu including the amazing desserts is vegan with the exception of the lo mein, that states they're egg noodles, as well as the fortune cookies that I believe are not vegan. Definitely give this place a shot! So good, so fresh & so friendly with a tranquil atmosphere with attentive staff! LOVE IT! Gonna hit this one every time I return to Louisville!

Reviewed April 1, 2011

The Zen Garden is an absolute wonder to eat and enjoy your food like no other. I travel frequently on business and always try to seek out an establishment like this. So if you are wondering where to eat and truly enjoy then look no further than Zen Garden and I am sure that you will come on trip advisor and write your own personal review. When it is this great then I will go out of my way to write a review. I loved the hot n sour soup, eggplant curry, desserts, etc.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 31, 2009

crispy fried tofu: delish!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 7, 2008

I'm not a vegetarian, but I ate lunch here at least once a week when I lived in Louisville. The food is definitely worth the price--everything has such a wonderful flavor. The owner and staff are great people--the service is wonderful. I highly recommend the lemongrass soy satay, mock duck & green beens, and eggplant in curry sauce.

1  Thank larrence