“Authentic.”

Neighborhood: Old Louisville
Gatineau, Canada
“Authentic.”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

While in Louisville, I wanted something other than a chain restaurant for breakfast. On my way to Old Louisville, I found this small old restaurant on 3rd Street. Expect a great breakfast served with a smile. Nothing fancy, just a real good meal at a real good price. I’ll be back.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Karl L

Portales
“What a diner should be!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Great food and reasonable prices. Definitely a keeper.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank PKCPortales
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good, cheap, "Mel's Diner" type of cuisine”
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Good, cheap, "Mel's Diner" type of cuisine

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Louisville, KY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Old time diner with southern women cooking your food”
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I live nearby D. Nalley's and just got around to trying it this morning. My breakfast (two bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits and an order of hashbrowns) only cost $4.08. No tip cause I got it as carry out. The women who work there are older and very sweet. The atmosphere is very 50's diner meets your typical Kentucky grandmother. Love it. Food was good, served quickly, with a smile, and for a great price. I will definitely go back for coffee and pie (all pies/cakes made every morning) a la Twin Peaks.

1 Thank jlmcca01
jpage47119
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 29, 2009

My husband and I ate here today for the first time ever - can't believe I didn't know about this place until today. Can you imagine for about $5 you can get a grilled turkey sandwich, crinkle cut fries and slaw! Great homemade coconut cream pie with 4 " meringue topping too for about $2 - the owner’s mother makes it daily! Very clean and retro – which is actually original furnishings well kept and clean. Big menu variety too – we will definitely go back!

1 Thank jpage47119