“Really tasty Italian Food”

BRAVO Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
BRAVO Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 1,829 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Description: Italian classics with a twist, cooked with old-continent techniques, all in the authentic tradition of the Italian eatery at BRAVO Cucina Italiana in Louisville. Join us today! Join us at BRAVO Cucina Italiana, the best Italian restaurant near you!
Reviewed February 11, 2012

The lasagna, salads, bread and olive oil dip can't be beat! Need a reservation here for sure on weekends.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Every time I go to Bravo Cucina I am pleasantly surprised. The most recent visit had a 45 minute wait, so we chose to eat at the bar. I found the bar area to be very cozy and the bartenders to be very attentive. We were able to have an awesome meal, including dessert, and the bar area did not take away from the "date night" atmosphere we were looking for. I had an excellent Malbec that I will try to find in stores, so obviously the wine selection was also appealing.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

An unexpected sleepover invite for my daughter freed my husband and I for an evening. He loves Italian-type food so I let him pick the restaurant so off to Bravo we went. I hesitated slightly when I saw the big "B" rating taped to the door. Even the Chinese buffet we go to gets an "A." We were greeted and seated promptly so I hoped the "B" was the worst of it. It wasn't. My silverware, wrapped in a cloth napkin was missing the salad fork. Ok, no biggie. The spoon that came with my gazpacho soup had something hard stuck to the bottom of it. Ok, kinda gross but I don't let on. We order calamari and it is, by far, the worst calamari we've had in years. Rubbery and tasteless on the inside surrounded by tastless grainy breading. Ironically, I often judge new restaurants by the quality of their calamari. Guess I need to do that with older, more familiar restaurants, too. My soup came--complete with the dirty spoon. It tastes fine but before I can even eat a third of it, my salad entree shows up. My husband ordered some ravioli item off the main menu and there's not a whole lot of food there. He actually lets me eat for a few minutes so that he won't finish way before me. I get about halfway through and I see my dessert coming down the aisle. Ridiculous. So, in short, a big "B" on the door, dirty silverware, rushed courses and mediocre food in small quanitities. Sad that this was a rare night out for us and we had to spend it there.

1  Thank babybird
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Me and my husband love this place. We always split a bowl of their lobster bisque (sooo good) then we split their chicken parmesan which is very good. We only go here for special occasions (anniversary/birthday) but we always have a great experience!!

Reviewed November 17, 2009

My wife and I dine at Bravo at least once a month. We continue to go back due to pleasant atmosphere and good food. The porkchops are HUGE and flavorful. My favorite. My wife enjoys the Mista salad and pasta. Kids can make their own pizza (actually not bad). Louisville is blessed with great restaurants and if you're not up to snuff you won't last. I expect Bravo ti be here a long time.