“Top Chef...Top Experience”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My husband and I said that if we ever found ourselves in Louisville, that we would splurge and dine here. We were NOT disappointed last weekend. We loved everything...from the unassuming facade to the gorgeous use of space. Great that tables which are usually set for four people are set for two, and thoughtfully placing each chair next to each other, instead of across the table from each other. Service was attentive but not cloyingly so. Our waiter did a wonderful job explaining each dish, its ingredients and the wine pairings. The food....I would run out of room here if I started describing each dish (we had the 4 course dinner but chose different items, tasting 8 in all). Our hometown is a gastronomic paradise, and 610 Magnolia ranks right up there. Comments about small portions - we were quite satisfied at the end of our meal, but we aren't "supersize me" people. Thought it was just right. From the hand churned bourbon smoked salted butter to our last morsel of cheese, love love loved it!

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

A little hard to find but worth the trip and the price. The decor was attractive and simply elegant. The food was the same, as well as delicious. As a fan of Top Chef I had to go. Everything we ordered was superb, the perfect amount of each course. I would recommend this restaurant for anyone seeking an elegant and delicious dining experience.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Elegant, tasteful decorations. Wonderfully attentive service. The food wasn't quite 5 stars. I feel like the menu lost its southern infusion, and that many of the courses had tastes which were too similar. Neither my guest nor I walked away feeling any course was spectacular. Sounds like the star chef is rarely in house...perhaps it's time he comes by to spruce up the menu.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner and experience at 610 Magnolia last night. We chose the 4 course tasting menu. From amuse bouche through dessert we enjoyed expertly prepared food. The wait staff was welcoming and very professional.. My desire to dine at 610 Magnolia was triggered by Chef Edward Lee's cookbook "Smoke and Pickles." The book is a must read for anyone interested in cooking and eating well. His essays are quite interesting and very well written. It is hard to decide whether I am going to read or cook from the book! The amuse bouche that we enjoyed last night was the BLT...I am still recalling the flavors and textures.....and the recipe is in "Smoke and Pickles." Cannot wait to return to 610 Magnolia but in the meantime I can cook from Chef Lee's book.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Have experienced this restaurant a couple of times. Reviews do not do it justice. The entrees appetizers and dessert are works of art.