“Excellent Meal!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
“Excellent Meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I agree with all the positive reviews that are posted below - however - there were two things that held me back from a perfect rating. First, my husband ordered the main fish course (salmon) and it had a definite fishiness to it. Second, I ordered the extra black truffle add-on to one of my courses - I LOVE truffles. However, I was very disappointed to be served tasteless truffles. At $25 for a few shavings, I expected higher quality.

Also - not sure if this is typical - but make reservations a few weeks in advance. They were booked out three weeks solid when we called!

1 Thank Gina2178

Big Lake, Minnesota
“Fabulous - in every sense”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Located in Old Louisville (near south side, Victorian homes abound), this quiet venue was a pure delight - enticing presentations, excellent food,and a well-balanced wine selection. We dined with good friends from Finland, NY, TN and the atmosphere was ideal - great ambiance for conversation and laughter. The staff are very knowledgable and wove in and out, seamlessly. The venue is small (c. 50 seats, 25 up, 25 down), a nice well-stocked bar. The food and presentation exceeded expectations (and they were high baed on reviews and recommendations).

• Visited April 2013
Evansville, Indiana
“.......WOW! Very nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This was our first experience at this restaurant and we will return for sure! Everything, beginning with a warm greeting, our table ready, fresh flowers, enough space between tables for an intimate feel.... to their ease of accommodating our dietary restrictions..... the perfect service compliments of Ashley..... to the lovely and inclusive list.. and finally, superb cuisine. The choices were varied and eclectic (although we would suggest a bit more on the vegetarian side!) and saw some everyday items prepared in a delightful new way! We will return!!!!

• Visited April 2013
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
“Delightful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Everything about this restaurant was wonderful, from the greeting I received when I walked in to the espresso and complimentary truffles at the end of the meal. In between that there was the thoughtful and knowledgeable server - Chad; the homey, but chic, atmosphere; and the delicious food with wine pairings. It lived up to my expectations! My experience as a solo diner has been a "soup to nuts" experience, but the folks at 610 Magnolia made me feel extremely welcome. I was all for ordering the four-course meal, but Chad indicated that I should start with three and go from there. That was just as well since I was definitely full with the three-courses. Compared to the prices for a prix-fixe meal in Chicago at a good restaurant, 610 Magnolia is a bargain. I really can't wait to come back to Louisville and eat here again! Thanks to all who made my experience something truly wonderful.

Winnetka, Illinois
“Always a great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've been here several times now and must say that I am always leaving feeling good about my experience here. The staff is excellent and attentive. The food is eclectic and ever changing keeping each time I go there fresh and different. It's funny because the first time I went here I was totally unimpressed. But several business dinners later, I have come completely around to the opposite. Now, it's my preferred choice for a business dinner.

Edward Lee runs a great restaurant.