“Fine restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lexington, KY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Wonderful cooking and creative menus and good wine. I was very glad to finally be able to be there. I wish they had mentioned the upcharge for the foie gras, though warned, I might have passed what is the best I have ever had.

Austin, Texas
“A gem in Old Louisville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

We are in Louisville every year for Derby and 610 would be impossible to get into so we were glad to be here on a regular weekend to be able to try it. The choices for a 3 or 4 course dinner ($55 & $65) were interesting and fun to be able to try a bunch of different items. The smoked octopus was excellent on the first course, chilled pea soup superb on course #2. The salmon and scallops were both great on #3. The banana split flavors desert was the only one that was not too interesting. Good wine list with a balance of prices so you did not have tp start at $80 and go up from there, we tried two nice Spanish wines in the $40 range. Service was good and the place is comfortable. It is in a great neighborhood, Old Louisville, which boasts one of the largest collections of Victorian houses in the country, makes a great stroll on a nice evening.

1 Thank RKAustin
New York City, New York
“best meal in louisville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Perfectly timed 4 course meal, incredible sauces and flavor and a really great atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Pretty good but not out of this world”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

The food is inventive and the ingredients are very fresh. The menu gives ample choices. My husband had three courses and I had four. We found the Amuse trio very interesting and enjoyed all the flavors. The 1st and 2nd course were also very good. We were a bit disappointed with the entree - I had the salmon and my husband had the lamb. They failed to ask how we would like it cooked and I found the salmon a little undercooked for my taste. We did not try the pairings but did find the wines to be very good and the sommelier was very helpful. One distraction was that we dined on an exceptionally hot night and were seated upstairs. The air conditioning did not work well. The experience was pretty pricy - around $180 with food and wine and the 18% gratuity which is added on the bill. Overall, I would say the dining experience was good but not perfect.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank gratzparker
Louisville, Kentucky
“Awesome job!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

One of the best meals I have ever had! Chef Edward did a great job!!!!

Visited December 2011