“Excellent restaurant with exceptional service.”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #133 of 1,821 Restaurants in Louisville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The food is always great here and the service is great. I had the vegetable plate which was wonderful. My guests split the chicken fingers dinner and both had leftovers! Get the carrot cake, it's unlike any I've ever had!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The first time we ate at J Alexander's was over 10 years ago. Today the service, food and atmosphere are still as good as then. We started with the chicken soup which is the best I've ever had. Salmon for me was wonderfully flavorful. NY Strip for hubby was cooked just right. He raved about the Not Your Ordinary Mac and Cheese dish. Arriving at 5:00 was a good idea, as the wait started increasing after 6:00. This restaurant continues to be one the Louisville's best.

1  Thank BrendaLB
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Just moved to Louisville and co-worker recommended this place. Many thanks to him as I had one of the best New York Strips I've had ever, Their Macaroni side dish was melt in your mouth awesomeness and their Orzo side was excellent. Glad I live here now so I can go to this place often. If in town, it's worth the trip from the airport...about 7 miles.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We used Trip Advisor to find a restaurant near where we were in the Louisville area. J Alexander had great reviews. We were not disappointed. We had GREAT service and the food was very good. My husband had the prime rib and I had the roasted chicken. It was a very nice atmosphere, elegant but not too formal. I had not heard of this restaurant before, but the manager informed us there were others in Florida. We would dine at this restaurant again.

1  Thank 896tammyh
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

We have been dining at J Alexander's for many years. Our most recent visit on May 10th was our best. The Pork Dinner was at the top of my best meals. My wife's crab cakes was at the top of her list as well. J Alexander's provides great service, great food and wine. You will not be disappointed dining here.

1  Thank CancunCrew