“Sadly disappointed...Service good..food not good.”
Review of Goose Creek Diner

Goose Creek Diner
Ranked #144 of 1,801 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Had heard about Goose Creek for years as a good "home cookin" kind of place. I'm an old country boy at heart so occasionally I like "home cookin". None to be found here. First the fried green tomatoes were thickly breaded in an awful freezer burn flavored batter that was hard as a rock...yuk! The liver and onions were the worst in memory. My wife's hot brown was so bad the dog wouldn't eat it and he likes most everything. Service was good and they were very nice so they get two stars for that...but the food....to bad 'cause I really wanted to find some good "home cookin". Have to keep looking I guess.

There are newer reviews for Goose Creek Diner

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Really good "home cooking". Don't miss the fried green tomatoes - served as either an appetizer or a side dish. Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

After googling where to have Sunday brunch and reading the reviews, we decided on Goose Creek Diner and what a great decision that was. In appearance it's your average diner, but the service and food was anything but. The made to order omelet/crepe/waffle and french toast station was incredible. I started with a veggie omelet, which was stuffed with my choice of fresh garden veggies. I had the pleasure of being seated in full view of the made to order station where they weren't just making your everyday run of the mill waffles and french toast- No sir! They were topping and stuffing them a homemade cream cheese filling and fresh fruit. Needless to say I had to try one. The french toast was dunked in a cinnamon batter and toasted to perfection add on the cream cheese filling, strawberries, blueberries, confectionary sugar, and garnish with whipped cream - Oh yes, I died and went to heaven. The rest of the buffet filled with scrambled eggs, ham, grits, fried chicken, bacon, home fries and so much more was rated 5 stars by my boyfriend who made a couple of trips. Kudos to the culinary team! The servers were very attentive and friendly. Also, a point to mention was the cleanliness, even the ceiling vents were clean. I'm looking forward our next trip to Louisville. Goose Creek Diner is where I'll be on Sunday morning. The best breakfast I've had in a very long time.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I regularly visit Goose Creek Diner. The food is always very good and the price is quite reasonable. Service has always been excellent as well. They serve what I would call homestyle food, with a wide menu, including pastas, seafood, ribs, turkey, liver and more. The fried green tomatoes are a great appetizer or can be ordered as a side. They have various specials during the week which can save you even more, plus 2 for $20 selections, which include an appetizer and two entrees. Again, this is great food for a great price and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

My family and I stumbled upon GCD and we were pleasantly surprised. The Sunday Brunch was one of the best we have had. We usually eat brunch at the Bristol but we all agreed that GCD was better and cheaper. They had a huge variety and everything was fresh and delicious. They have a omelet, waffle station with other things they will fix for you like egg mcmuffins. The mix of breakfast and lunch foods was just right. The server was very friendly and its a great family place.