“If you have to have Chinese this place is okay.”
Review of Emperor of China Restaurant - CLOSED

Emperor of China Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Poplar Grove, IL
“If you have to have Chinese this place is okay.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Some of the food here tastes fine like the sesame chicken but some of it doesn't, like the duck. The service was only average and it amazes me that with even though they told us that there were no substitutions allowed on the group dinners, the restaurant felt it was aomething they could do on there own without consulting us like substituting steamed rice for fried rice or leaving our the scallops from one dish because they were temporarily out. The dining area is satisfactory and even the dozens of teenagers here were not a nuisance.

“Great Food But Terrible Service”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

First time to ever dine here and we leave with mixed emotions. The place is surprisingly nice on the inside. Several huge fish tanks add to the decor. Nice booths that are semi private give it an intimate feel. The hot & sour soup was awesome with free reorder. The human beef and veggies was very good. My only complaint was the waiter was the worst ever and I'll leave it at that. I give this place 3 out of 5 stars. Check em out!

Columbus, OH
“A nice surprise!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

A nice place, decorated very well inside. We stopped for lunch on a whim while driving home from Mammoth Cave. We're vegetarian and were pleased by all the options. They can & will make any dish vegetarian. The owner is friendly & chatty..we were the only table so she talked us up. Large interior with a stage for New Year's Eve shows (not sure if they still do these), some booths tucked into nooks for a quiet spot if the restaurant is full. She was very accomodating. If we were in Louisville we'd definitely return.

• Visited August 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Owner Wierd and blames customers for providing wrong food orders”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband stopped in and ordered a carryout meal. When he got home he opened the carryout order and he had been given someone elses order. I called the restaurant to let them know. The waiter answered the phone and told me the owner was cooking and she would call me back. About five minutes later she called me back and said my order was waiting at the restaurant. I told her it was 9 pm and I was not about to go out and pick up the corrected order. She asked for my address. I told her it was about 25 minutes away from the restaurant. She said someone would deliver the meal. About five minutes later I got a call back and she said it was too far too drive. She instructed me to freeze the wrong order of food that my husband was given and bring it back in to receive a credit. So, let me recap:
My husband was given the wrong order
We were initially asked to come and get the corrected order
After we said no, she insisted that it be delivered to our home.
The correct order was not delivered
She called me back and asked me to freeze the "wrong food order and bring it in".

This is biazzare behavior--why can't they say I'm sorry we gave you the wrong order. Pls. come back at your conveinence and we will give you the meal you ordered at no charge.

Would not recommend this restaurant--the owner is wierd, forceful and has no customer service orientation.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Susan39604
Virginia
“The food is very good”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

This restaurant serves a sizzling rice soup that is delicious. 3 or 4 kinds of seafood every single time in every bowl. The food is fresh and good. Other reviewers have said this place has seen better days and I agree. It is such a nice big restaurant which has been let go a little bit inside. We go there because the food is good, I like the large fish tank "divider" that lines the entry to the main restaurant. The staff is nice, efficient and courteous. I wish the owner would freshen up the place because if they did then it would probably be more popular. The atmosphere is quiet music and peaceful dining.

• Visited May 2012