“Great food, great service”

Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 1,851 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brownsboro Road
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Beautiful ambiance, great food and exceptional service. Delicious beef and fish selections. Seafood is delivered daily and always fresh and delicious. Reservations suggested on weekends!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I returned to this restaurant after 8 years and had the same great experience that I had the first time I ate there. Outstanding service, food cooked the way I requested. Just a great meal!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Traveling for business I ate at this restaurant. Best French Onion Soup I've ever eaten.. perfect amount of seasoning and not too salty.. gooey cheese the way I like it and lots of onions.. Grilled tenderloin salad was perfect too..sat in the bar area... would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I were excited about our second visit to this restaurant and the fact that we were going to spend time alone for a change without the kids. We tried making reservations but were told they don't take reservations for just 2 people. When we arrived mid-afternoon on a Sunday, the restaurant wasn't busy. We waited 10 minutes just to be seated a few steps away in the bar. (A bit disappointing since this was a special night out for us - the bar just doesn't have the ambience we were expecting...and why did we have to wait 10 minutes to be seated just a few steps away when there were several open booths?). Our server arrived several minutes later. I ordered wine and the server had to track down a wine glass. Not sure how they measure their pours here but there didn't seem to be much in the glass. I ordered steak and a baked potato. When the server delivered our meal, she realized I didn't have a steak knife and said she would be right back with one. My baked potato arrived cold. About 15 minutes later, we flagged down the server and inquired about the steak knife and informed her that the potato was cold. She did return a few minutes later with the knife -- the replacement for the baked potato took another 10 minutes. For the prices they charge here, the service and food were not up to par on this visit. I logged a complaint online and asked for a call from management. I received what appeared to be an automated email response and still have not heard from management about a month and a half after our visit. This gives me the impression that Management is aware of the issues and just doesn't care. We do not plan to return to this restaurant.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We used to et here regularly but our visits have been few and far between in the last year. The food quality has declined dramatically but not he prices. When Stoney River opened the service and food were excellent. Now it is clear that they are providing lesser quality meats and the preparations are not consistent. The 2 previous times I was here the steaks were overdone and sent back. Almost unheard of previously. I had fish on one occasion and it was so salty it was in edible. The most recent visit one of us had chicken and it was not prepared as indicated on the menu, was rubbery and tasted awful. Grocery boasted would have been far better.