“OMGoodness! Don't miss this place!”

Mark's Feed Store Bar-B-Q
Ranked #12 of 1,806 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Barbecue, French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Highlands
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My daughter and I were starving....think Chris Farley in an SNL skit....we only do "local"...no fast food for us....at first all I saw were the word's "Feed Store" and was disappointed until I smelled the sweet aroma of BBQ and saw the rest of the sign....this was a wonderful find. There are almost too many naughty and tempting things on the menu....First, we each had a bowl of "burgoo"....what the heck it that? I guess you take lots of left over chicken, pork, beef and all your leftover potatoes and veggies and make it into a soup/stew with a little kick to it and you've got yourself some BURGOO....it was delicious. Then, I had a pulled chicken sandwich and my daughter had the brisket....both were excellent. The chicken was extremely tender ("Natural" whatever that means nowadays) and didn't even really need any BBQ sauce. There were 3 options of BBQ sauce and they were all good. My daughter tried the "deep fried corn on the cob" and wasn't too impressed but that didn't deter us from trying another first....BUTTERMILK PIE! Gracious me....this stuff is what dreams (dessert dreams anyway) are made of. It's not even describable....you cannot eat here and not eat the pie...even if you can't move out of the kitchy booth! The service was great....very friendly and efficient. Did I mention the pie??!!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food here is always spot on and worth well more than the $5-$8 I spend on it. It fresh, moist, and meaty BBQ with many different sauce choices to suit everyone's taste buds.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We actually ate at the Dixie Highway location this visit, not Bardstown Rd (which is also good though). We missed the Valentine's Day buffet this year (our bad!), but had a very enjoyable dinner. The ribs were awesome, and I love the fried sweet corn. Didn't care for the sweet potato fries - simply because I didn't realize they came with a sprinking of sugar/cinnamon; next time I will tell them to hold that seasoning....Hubby had the huge brisket sandwich and really enjoyed it. Our server was very sweet and helpful. Always a good meal at Mark's!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Located in the center of the Highlands on Bardstown Road, tasty and filling barbecue can be found here. This is a place where all ages can enjoy the food and the ambiance. I would recommend this food and restaurant to everyone for quality and service.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

this was first time we came here on south end and i would rate the food average as our ribs was dry even with extra sauce.. also the place was very loud..