“Somewhat Disappointed”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I recently made our first visit to this restaurant. I knew it was a chain, but I had heard good things. In short summary, I left quite disappointed and do not plan to return any time soon. That said, it was "OK", so I would be willing to go back if that's where others really wanted to go.

To me, there just wasn't anything special here. The atmosphere, the service, the food, everything.... was just middle of the road. This isn't a real high-end restaurant, but it's priced above other well-known chains like the Outback Steakhouse, the Olive Garden, and Red Lobster. Generally, I enjoy my meals at those places more than I did at Bonefish. While this wasn't a bad experience, I simply think there are many better options for the dining dollar in Louisville.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Bang Bang shrimp is delish. My martini was only 3/4 full (lame). Bread and oil was great! There were supposed to be calamata olives on our salad (there weren't). And, veggies were pretty salty. Ambience is nice and service was fantastic.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Received an e-mail from Bonefish offering their Summer Catch of Lobster tail, scallops, grilled shrimp, one side, seasonal vegetable and and a salad for $19.90. We tried it and it was delicious.

Their food is always good but this was also an exceptional buy. I say keep the emails coming!

1  Thank John H
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I don't have a Bonefish Grill in Minneapolis, so I was unaware that it was part of a chain (which I typically avoid). I had a fantastic drink (Bonefish martini), followed by really fresh ceviche and excellent diver scallops. The food was so fresh, it tasted like a meal served at a coastal restaurant, rather than land-locked Louisville. I would go back!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Even though this is a chain restaurant I love the ambiance, food, and wine choices. The staff is always professional and courteous and I have never had a so-so entree, only awesome deliciousness!