“Martini Italian Bistro-”

Martini Italian Bistro
Ranked #152 of 1,757 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Description: "Essentially and authentically Italian..." Best describes this comfortable yet sophisticated locally owned restaurant and bar. Whether you're stopping in for lunch or dinner to savor the generously portioned and exquisitely flavored pastas, pizzas, meats and seafood dishes, Martini Italian Bistro is everything you love about Italy and more. We are proud to offer a made-from-scratch menu, serving only the freshest of ingredients to ensure a dining experience that is sure to delight. Our Chefs are able to modify any dish to taste and accommodate any dietary needs you may have. We also offer a choice of whole wheat or gluten free pastas as well. The bar at Martini Italian Bistro is in a class all its own. We are honored to house a bar program that produces local and regional award winning mixologists. Our fully stocked bar comes complete with a menu of over 60 handcrafted martinis, a Bourbon selection to please any novice or aficionado, and an extensive wine list that blends the best of California, Italy, France and beyond. Ultimately, Martini Italian Bistro is great people delivering genuinely hospitality. We are passionate about creating a memorable dining experience for our guests and look forward to serving you soon!
Louisville
“Martini Italian Bistro-”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We love this restaurant at the Summit off Brownsboro Rd at the Gene Snyder- friendly, not usually crowded and good, large portions. Comes with great bread and dip. They offer groupons type deal now and then.

• Visited December 2012

“Had a horrible experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I frequent the restaurant for happy hour and dinner and have always been very pleased. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is lovely. Upon learning Santa was making an appearance for breakfast, I thought it would be awesome to take my three young children. When I called to make reservations, I was told that all of the tables in the main dining room were booked however we would be accommodated at a "booth in the bar area." I was a little hesitant about that because I thought we would be out of the main "scene" and might not see Santa. I went ahead and made reservations because my 7 year old son really wanted to go. As the date approached, we were all looking forward to having breakfast with Santa! We got there and was seated in a booth behind the bar away from everyone and everything. We sat there in quiet for about 10 minutes not knowing what was going on. No one stopped by. No one asked us what we wanted. No one took our order. No one told us there was a buffet. Finally a guy came over and asked if we had been helped. After saying no, he explained that there was a serve yourself buffet. So the four of us go to the line that had formed for the "buffet" in this little alcove area. Talk about cramped quarters. By the time we got there, most of the food was gone, scrambled eggs looked undesirable, there was no more butter or syrup for the cold waffles. We went back to the table after noticing several EMPTY tables in the main dining room and we carefully tip-toed through a very large water puddle by the bar. As we sat there, with my coffee cup cold and empty, I noticed several people almost fall on their butts because of the water. When the waitress finally came over, I told her about the water hazard. The kids ate their breakfast which was nothing spectacular as I expected from this type of establishment . Santa did stop by the table and he was amazing! He was the real deal and my kids' faces lit up! And by the way, Santa almost fell on his butt too because the waitress never sent anyone over to clean up the water. The first guy came back and wanted to "make me happy" but at that point I was ready to get out if there. He said he did not know anyone had reservations at the bar area. I told him that clearly there is miscommunication and the staff noticed and knew we were there. Then he tried to blame the whole ordeal on the Summit because "they are the ones who organize the event, not the restaurant." The last thing I wanted to her was a poor excuse like that. We left and as I walked out I stopped by the hostess stand to tell her that the water was STILL on the floor and someone will fall on his or her butt!

Louisville, Kentucky
“Average Italiam fare - though done pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Now not to sound snobbish, but live with an italian so we do pretty tasty italian at home. But if you want basic italian dishes, what we had was done well. He had the veal marasala and it was tender and flavorful, I had the eggplant parmesian and it was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside...just like it is supposed to be. Sauces were a nice addition.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank maupfin
NC
“Veal Parm was excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect when I went in to this place, but I was surprised. Our server was friendly and recommended the veal parm. It was a little different, but the veal was tender and the dish was huge - lots of food. They had a half off wine by the glass night when we went and that was a nice bonus. I would return when I come back.

Visited November 2012
“Handle Large Group Very Well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a very large business dinner here, they didn't have a seperate room, just put up a curtain to split the dining room which was ok but kind of tacky. Otherwise food was outstanding, service was outstanding and they did a really nice job of accomodating everybody, it didn't appear as the "other" customers suffered in service either.

• Visited October 2012