“Best German Restaurant in Louisville!”

Gasthaus German Restaurant
Ranked #89 of 1,770 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
“Best German Restaurant in Louisville!”
Reviewed February 26, 2008

I visited Gasthaus with family and friends late fall of 2007. My daughter is taking German in school and we thought this would be a nice experience. It was! The restaurant, owned by a German family, was absolutly fabulous. Reservations are a MUST! They seat on a schedule, not a specific time. We called to make reservations at 7:30 and they told us between 7 and 8. We arrived at 7:30 and were seated around 8. The hours are a bit strange as well. They are only open in the evening and closed Sunday and Monday.
However, the food more than made up for these peculiarities. Wonderful dishes were ordered by our group, we all had a taste. I ordered the beef stroganoff and it was the best thing I've ever had. The meat was cooked medium and was fork tender. The description of the dish did not sound appetizing, but I took a chance, and glad I did. I highly recommend this dish!
They have a full bar stocked with German and American beer, I don't advise ordering American here. The hot spiced wine was superb!
The waitstaff was attentive and dressed in traditional German dresses.
The overall experience was great.

2 Thank lisaanderic