“Fried steak.”

Cunningham's Restaurant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed February 17, 2012

The service at the bar was awesome. Food on the other hand...not so much. For 17.95 I prefer my ribeye to be grilled over fire, not fried in a pan. Cold potatoes too. I should've walked a little further down 4th Street Live.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Great local restaurant that has been around for years. It is walking distance from the Brown. They love to have guests from all over the world and the food is reasonable.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Took my that lives in Louisville , out for lunch and as we were eating I found a short hair in my (veal cuttle). And the waiters said " she was glad it wasn`t her hair " by the time they brought me the grilled pork chops , it was time to pick my grandson up from school. Never did they ask to comp my meal but went a had and charged me for the full meal.
Now to my surprise I was charged twice for both meals one with the tip and one without the tip and a day apart for . Was on line checking what bills to pay and found that they had charged me a second time . To answer your question no i will never eat there again and yes I will be calling to get them to put my money back on my account ...

Reviewed August 8, 2010

My family and I visited Cunningham's this weekend based on a recommendation from some locals. We were extremely disappointed, though we probably wouldn't have even come here had we checked Trip Advisor first. Our mistake. The people who recommended it told us that it was a Louisville tradition and that they had good seafood. Unfortunately, that's what we expected when we arrived.

We got a parking spot right in front of the restaurant (which should have been my first clue to find another place), and there was no waiting on a Saturday night at around 6:30. We looked at the menu and noticed that there was an entire section dedicated to "Fish," but what type of fish, we had no idea. The menu literally just said "fish." When we asked the waitress, she said it was cod, the same fish typically used in frozen food and fast food fish restaurants. I immediately opted for the safe option of a side salad and baked potato. My husband and father decided to go for the fish, and $13 per plate later, they wound up with an overpriced dinner of glorified fish sticks. Yuck!

We observed the other patrons and noticed that a young couple at the next table ordered chili with grilled cheese sandwiches. This is probably a good option here, as it seems more like a place for diner food as opposed to fine dining.

The one good thing about our dining experience was the service. We had a friendly waitress, and all of the other staff seemed friendly, as well. Unfortunately, that doesn't make up for the terrible food.

This is a great place for your 80 year old grandfather's birthday dinner. Otherwise, you'll find better food at your local school cafeteria.

2  Thank msudawg98
Reviewed August 29, 2009

The food was fine. My wife and I went there after a concert at the Louisville Palace. As others mentioned, the service was so-so. I may give it another shot. I don't like to be too harsh on one visit.