“Love This Place”

Neighborhood: Highlands
Louisville, Kentucky
“Love This Place”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Be sure to try the sweet sour chicken! It is amazing! The service is always fantastic. Our favorite Chinese restaurant in Louisville.

Visited April 2014

Sellersburg, Indiana
“Makes me like Chinese”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is the best place to eat if you want Chinese. The general chicken is great with the fried rice, bell peppers and broccoli. And as much as I like the general chicken, the sweet & sour chicken is even better, although I like the vegetables on the general better. Never was crazy about Chinese in the past, but August Moon changed my mind and now I love it.

• Visited April 2014
Bellingham, Washington
“August Moon is a must-visit”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

It's often easy to order the same predictable Chinese carryout - not that there's anything wrong with that - but sometimes it's refreshing to visit, stay and enjoy the experience. There are so few non-chain, quality Asian options available. Louisville's own August Moon Chinese Bistro is a rare find - good food, a beautifully-appointed dining room, thoughtful service and a great bar. The facility is gracefully decorated, and offers a variety of seating options near windows and overlooking a park-like landscape. The service staff is attentive and discreet - and is able to answer your questions about the menu choices skillfully. The food is fresh, beautifully presented and tasty. There are excellent vegetarian options, and you can get brown rice - a personal favorite of mine. Bar selections are also well-mixed. It's a restaurant in Louisville that you simply should not miss.

• Visited January 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Disappointed upon my return.”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had eaten at this establishment in its old location years ago and had some outstanding memories of the flavorful and delicious menu items I had tasted, and the neighborly atmosphere. I have since returned on two occasions to it's current location and was disappointed and saddened. My first return trip was to expose my son and his friend to "my favorite Chinese restaurant" and with the way in which they were welcomed and treated, they asked to leave shortly after arrival. I returned again with friends just to make sure I wasn't being too critical, only to learn that it wasn't just an "off night". The whole atmosphere and staff attitude had changed from friendly, helpful, and neighborly, to one of "we're a GREAT place and you're lucky we let you be here!" It was difficult to make a reservation, the wait staff was short and "snooty" with an attitude; and when I spoke with the manager I was disappointed in the comment that perhaps I was the one with a problem. Finally, I must say that the food no longer had a "Chinese" flavor, but seemed to be an attempt at being chic and trendy, but unsuccessfully so. And last, the cost was unjustified with the quality and service. I was truly disappointed and saddened.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank D C C
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Not kid friendly”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My co-worker recommended this restaurant but it was not what I expected. The food is very small portions, no kids menu or booster seats (only hi-chairs). We were the ONLY people in there, the staff was friendly, menu was limited. I have a 3 year old & there was not 1 item on menu kid friendly. Will not return there.

• Visited July 2013