“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Buck's Restaurant & Bar

Buck's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #31 of 1,748 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Old Louisville
Versailles, Kentucky
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

What a nice restaurant! My wife and I had to be in Louisville Friday night with a commitment on the University of Louisville campus at 7:30. I knew that trying to drive and park downtown at rush hour would be a nightmare, so I looked for something away from there but towards the campus. I had never heard of this restaurant but, in part based on reviews here, I decided to try it. It was great. Super wine list, with lots of by-the-glass choices, nicely varied menu, and great service. And the pianist/vocalist was a treat. Great salads, very good entrees (my wife had salmon, I had a steak). I wish we had had time to try what sounded like spectacular desserts. We will be back!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Have the Pecan Chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We read one review of the Pecan Encrusted Chicken on line that said it was "stupid good." Trust me, it was. If you go, at least one person at the table should order it and everyone else should taste it.

Visited September 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
“Unique Elegance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Buck's is like a trip back to a time when quality dishes in a grand setting was what mattered. The patio is my favorite place to dine, but live music and beautiful white flora make the decor throughout special.

Visited August 2012
winchester, Kentucky
“Always love Bucks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Rick Stanley was at the piano - excellent steak - wonderful wine list - great service. We enjoyed a wonderful Shiraz and I recommend the bruschetta. We had a wonderful experience!

Bucks is a regular stop whenever my wife and I are in Louisville. It has a wonderful ambiance and we always get good service and great food. Whether business or pleasure, I recommend Bucks.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank fantifan
Morton, Illinois
“Just divine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat tonight and saw Bucks good rating on Tripadvisor. We skipped most of the reviews, which we rarely do, and went straight to look at the menu. Liked what we saw and off we went. I must admit with a name like Bucks I was expecting a steakhouse with a bit more of a Longhorn feel. When we got there we were surprised to find it to be a fine dining establishment. After being graciously assured that we were not under dressed we sat down to our dinner. Just a gorgeous place, and a nice menu. My husband ordered the fillet, my mom the pork chop and my dad the salmon. I ordered the pecan bourbon chicken after being told by our lovely waitress that they call it 'stupid good' because it's that delicious. Wow, was she right! That may have been one of the best meals I have had in recent memory! Everyone else declared theirs just as fabulous! It was a bit pricier than we had expected, but ony due to our own misconceptions of the type of place we were going to.So worth it though!!!

1 Thank holly_golightly07