“Neat Place to Eat in Louisville, KY”
Review of Ditto's Grill

Ditto's Grill
Ranked #360 of 1,772 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Highlands
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Neat Place to Eat in Louisville, KY”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

While on a baseball trip to Louisville, KY, we met up with friends who took us to Ditto's for dinner. What a neat place!... The varied menu consists of an array of different dinners, pizza, burgers, sandwiches, soups, drinks......anything anyone might want. The dinners are a great value because the portions are enormous! .....I had the crab-stuffed shrimp with two vegetables, and my friend had the bow-tie pasta dish, and both were huge as well and delicious! The atmosphere is rustic but VERY clean!...The owner, Frank, came over to talk with us, and because our friend is intolerant to many foods, he told her he would see that her dishes were prepared specially for her food allergies. All the servers were very friendly and attentive!

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
Jackson, Wisconsin
“Get the Thai Wings and BBQ Pizza”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We are huge fans of Ditto's. We have never really gotten anything other than the Thai Wings and BBQ Pizza, so I cannot really say how the entire menu is. This is a nice place with decent service at a good price. It is not a five star restaurant, but it gets a five rating from me and my family

• Visited August 2013
Seymour, Indiana
“Good food, great value”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I ordered a salad and it could have fed a small village. Great value. My food was very fresh. My boyfriend ordered a burger and it was as big as his head.

Visited April 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best. Salad. Ever.”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My overall experience was very good. All of us enjoyed our meals and the staff was attentive. A senior staff member (manager maybe?) who stopped by the table actually seemed involved rather than doing a pro forma table check. The real stand-out was the citrus salad with chicken. There was a lot to choose from on the menu and I am so glad that I went with that salad. It was amazing. The greens were fresh and every little bit of it meshed perfectly. When I told the manager who stopped by, he said that he likes it with the salmon -- so I have something to try next time.

• Visited June 2014
Kentucky
“Not What It Used To Be!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I used to love going to Dittos! In my opinion Dittos used to be a fun local eatery with reasonably priced, decent quality food. The servers used to be fun, chatty and seemed to enjoy being there. They would add to the fun energetic atmosphere of the establishment. NOT ANYMORE!

This past weekend it seemed that everyone was very unhappy and the staff just didn't care who saw or heard what was said or done. For example, when I went to the restroom, i saw the bartender standing in the kitchen smoking her electronic cigarette. I don't care if it was electronic or not, I do not want someone exhaling anything near, around or on my food. Then later I saw the same bartender carrying around her electronic cancer stick, clutching it to her chest like she was terrified not to have it inches away from her mouth, I found that to be tacky and demonstrating low class and inconsiderate behavior. As for conversations, there was disgruntlement among servers on this night. They would walk past each other (and customers) expressing their aggravation. Our server was efficient, but very robot like, i honestly don't think she smiled once in the 45 minutes that we were there.

Our food was acceptable. My sweetie had the citrus Atlantic cod. Which he described as delicious. I had the house salad and baked potato combo. The greens were fresh, but several elements of the house salad were left in the kitchen (slivered almonds, avocado). There was one very tasty carrot slice, but only one. It is a good thing I don't care much for radishes, because there was only one of those too in bowl. In summary, my house salad was very fresh mixed greens and 1 carrot slice - trust me not as it is described on the menu. As for my baked potato, it was a nice baker, the part that was baked, about 1/4 of the potato was extremely under cooked.

I really hate writing this review because i did truly love Dittos in the past. I was feeling bad that this was the first time i had dined there in about 6 months. Now I am not sure when I will be back. I hate going anywhere where I feel like I am an imposition. I truly hope something changes soon, and Dittos can return to the fun, quirky establishment that served good quality food, at reasonable prices, by friendly people!

• Visited June 2014