“it seems to be slipping”
Review of Ditto's Grill

Ditto's Grill
Ranked #400 of 1,801 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Highlands
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We again visited Ditto's as we had been so happy in the past. We ordered burgers with onions sauteed and received burgers with mushrooms--no onions. When we explained to the server, he seemed offended and showed us his copy of the order where he had written it correctly but the kitchen was the culprit. He took them back and we got the correct order-but he seemed bothered that we would question him. I don't believe that servers should argue with the customer !! The quality also seemed to be lacking since our last visit. Too bad--we really liked the place but will have some reservations about going back.

There are newer reviews for Ditto's Grill

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Was visiting Louisville with friends and decided to stop here for lunch before running to the airport for my flight back. Nice wide open spacing, an outdoor patio, large booths, and a deli is attached in the back if you want to grab and go. It's right on Bardstown Road, so parking is a drag, but if you know the area, you're used to that. Had the bison burger, which was awesome. Wasn't busy, so we had great service. Menu look varied but not too complicated. Don't know what this place would be like if it was really busy, but lunch was very good.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Dittos is great. They have a very varried American style food menu. I recommend the hot turkey with smashed potato sandwich!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The service was horrible! We had a party of eight, so gratuity is automatically added to each check. The menu plainly states that 18% gratuity is added. Each check at our table had a different percentage when brought back. This guy gives himself more than 25% tip on most of the checks. When asked what percentage he used, he replied "20 percent" We showed him the menu. Response, "I always do 20%. I'm a good waiter." Even if this was true (it was not in our case), it is not your decision to make. Take out the 18% that is agreed upon, and if I DECIDE your service rendered more, I will add it. He then says he'll fix it if we want. But brings it back the same! And the rest of the night crew has got his back. With an added "you know waiters only make 2 dollars an hour, right?" Dirty looks. No manager. It was a losing battle. Never ever returning. Terrible. There is still so much more I could write just on the quality of our actual service, alone. Avoid Jeff as a waiter.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We took a party of 15 to eat after an all-day conference. I was excited because I read the reviews prior to going. We got there before 5 and the restaurant was wide open. Problem one, the parking is terrible. Second problem is they sat us in two booths and then filled in tables in-between; it was tight, cramped and awkward. The people on the inside couldn’t get up to use the restroom without moving the tables out. Third problem was they assigned one waiter to our party. He did an admirable job but a party of this sized needed help and drinks were slow. Finally and most disappointing, the food was just average at best.

My advice is stick to the appetizer menu because the dinner menu isn’t all that good.