“We are there at least once a month!”
Review of Cafe Mimosa

Cafe Mimosa
Ranked #459 of 1,821 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We took a family member from out of town, along with 3 other adults. I always have the Lemongrass Combo...so fresh, delicious and plentiful. The other had Chinese combos; sesame chicken and sweet and sour chicken. They also had fried rice and egg rolls.

We always order the Hot and Sour Soup. It is full of vegetables and flavor. In fact, we usually order some to take home. The service is attentive and pleasant. The manager, "T" is eager to please and very friendly.

I have read the other reviews that are not complimentary and am very surprised. Again, we go a lot and have never had a bad meal or experience.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My family did not like the Chinese dishes they ordered (compared to other low end Chinese restaurants). I did enjoy my Vietnemese dish (Lemongrass Combo). I thought it was fresh and flavorful. I find a lot of SE Asia restaurants have an odor (probably the spices) but for a higher end restaurant this is not a place I'd take a date.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

My husband and I typically visit Cafe Mimosa once a month. I get the sunrise roll (raw crab & avocado wrapped in seaweed and rice topped with raw salmon and lemon), and the Lemongrass Shrimp (sort of a salad with lettuce, cucumber, bean sprouts, cilantro, peanuts, vermicelli noodles, and shrimp). For an appetizer we get the traditional spring rolls that are served with lettuce and cilantro. The food is usually delicious, but the service is not as good as it could be.

On Christmas day, we went in with our children for dinner. It was quite busy despite just having opened. We were waited on quickly, and received better service than usual. My two younger children split the sweet and sour chicken, and my older child had the lime beef. Our food was delicious, and we really enjoyed being able to go there for Christmas dinner.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Despite the restaurant not being full (on a Saturday night; that should have been a harbinger), it took nearly 20 minutes for someone to take our order, and another 40 minutes to get our entrees. When the entrees arrived, they had apparently been sitting around for awhile, as the rice was cold and the entrees merely lukewarm. I had the lemon chicken, and my girlfriend had the pineapple chicken. The lemon chicken was heavily breaded, and the sauce overly sweet, served over wilted lettuce. The pineapple chicken had canned pineapple, too much grease, and was totally unappetizing; she hardly ate any of it. This was some of the worst Chinese food I've had in a very long time; at this price range, I expected much better.

Our glasses sat empty for a full 15 minutes before they were refilled, and that was only after a manager noticed us looking around for our server. The server may have been having a bad night, as he complained twice about having a large table in the back to serve, but there were enough servers in the place that this should have been rectified. We even had to wait about 20 minutes for someone to notice that we were finished so that we could get our check.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

This is a good size restaurant featuring Chinese, Vietnamese, and Sushi. They sat us all the way in a back corner, served alot of food, server was friendly, hostess not so much. For the money it was a good option.