“Lots of food, but you'll be there a while. !”
Review of Buca di Beppo

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Cross street: Taylorsville Road
“Lots of food, but you'll be there a while. !”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

The portions are Huge and amazing. Ask the food was great, everything from the bread, the salad, the entrees, and desserts. But plan to stay a while. It's not so much the service but it takes a while to make all these big portions. It's a little pricey but honestly for That much food it's worth it. Just split plates is all I can say!

Smithfield, Kentucky
“"Excellent Italian Food with a Unique Interior"”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This restaurant serves everything family style either Buca small (serves 2 or more) or Buca large (serves 4 or more). Everything from appetizers, salads, pizzas, and pastas. Single portions for lunch. Bread and oil is served prior to your meal. The spicy chicken rigatoni (small $20.99) is ample to take home for another meal. Their lasagna, chicken limone, and salmon to name a few are delectable. Save room for dessert, the cheese cake is wonderful! Parties can opt to sit in the Pope room. They have a table in the kitchen always fun to sit and watch the items being cooked. Open Mon-Thur 11-10, Fri-Sat 11-11, Sun 11-9. Join their e-club for coupons via e-mail. This is one Italian Restaurant not to be missed. Highly Recommended....

• Visited July 2014
Shelbyville, Kentucky
“Chain restaurant with an expensive twist”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I love Italian, so does my husband, so we had high hopes after a recommendation to Buca di Beppo. The restaurant is easy to get to just off Hurstbourne and has enough parking to handle a fairly heavy night's traffic. The interior is whimsical with strings of lights, statues, and some great pictures. You are led on a bit of a hike which winds through the kitchen to get to your table, something that I felt encouraged by as the kitchen does look clean. We were handed a menu and I was surprised by the prices until the waiter explained that a salad could feed several people as could the entrees. As I am a vegetarian and my husband is NOT, we had to order separately. I tried the Eggplant Parmesan and my husband ordered Chicken Masala. That is exactly what we got - a plate with three pieces of eggplant and another plate with three pounded chicken breast pieces. No pasta, no vegetables, nothing else. I asked the waiter where the pasta was as I have never been served Eggplant Parmesan without some accompanying pasta. He said we would have to order any pasta we wanted (again, we would have had separate orders as I wanted marinara and my husband wanted meat sauce). As our tab already totaled more than we typically pay for dinner at a chain restaurant, we decided to just stick it out as it was. My husband ploughed into his chicken pieces and managed to finish it but I found that eating just fried eggplant with some cheese melted over it gets boring - Quickly! The food was perfectly okay and I took the remainder of my eggplant home where the next night I cooked angel hair pasta, poured marinara sauce over it, put my remaining eggplant on top, added some mozzarella and baked it until it was hot at which point I enjoyed it. The service was satisfactory, nothing to either get excited over or to complain about. Overall, a mediocre experience that is a bit pricey. I don't really get the gimmick of serving each item individually except that to get a complete meal means the restaurant gets more money. In the future I will either go to Martini's or drive to Giuseppe's in Lexington (our favorite outside of Nick's Roman Terrace in Richmond, VA) when I am craving Italian. Even Romano's Macaroni Grill seems to be a better value to me.

• Visited February 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Food was ok...disappointing”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Have been to Buca several times since they opened. While a bit pricey, the food was always delicious. I was very disappointed this week when I went with my family. The pasta was undercooked and the dishes were tasteless and very dry.

Fort Myers
“Yummy”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We went here on recommendation from the hotel we were staying at and it was an excellent choice. The place is awesome and the food was authentic. The chicken parm was perfect. We loved the family style serving.

• Visited June 2014