“Good”
Review of Porcini

Porcini
Reserve with OpenTable
Porcini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 1,770 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Public transit is directly across the street
Description: Locally-owned and well-established Italian fine dining restaurant located in the heart of Crescent Hill neighborhood.
Providence
“Good”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We visited this restaurant on our recent trip to Louisville for the Kentucky Derby.
At first I was a little disappointed by the fact that they were using a "Special Derby Menu" which essentially means limited choices for the diner, and more profit for the owner. Fortunately what was served was of a good quality and taste.

Visited May 2013

louisville
“Overall great!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had the flat bread pizza and it was one of the best I've eaten. Everyone at the table loved what they had. From pasta to salmon. It's a fun place for date night. No children were there. We have been before where there were but I liked that it was adults. Everything was great.

• Visited April 2013
louisville, ky
“Still really good!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

There are so very few restaurants that uphold the same excellent level of service, food, atmosphere, and fun consistently over the years. I guess restaurant patrons can be rather fickle- we tend to ignore old favorites to get to the newest hip in spot. Let me tell you that Porcni has, indeed, kept up in all areas. Thank you!
We arrived a bit early on a Saturday night for our reservation for a table of eight. The bar was crowded and lively (it is rather small), but there was very little wait for the two rounds of cocktails.
We were seated in a very reasonable amount of time despite the crowd. Our waiter, though he seemed a bit rushed, was very helpful and personable. The drinks (we had a DD) were very good. The appetizers were killer. My wife and i split the salad to save room for dinner, but each "half" portion was the size of most places side salad. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their entrees. And let me tell you that that really says something for the restaurant because of one or two of the people at the table are usually never satisfied! No food drama last night. Scallops well seared, tender and juicy chops, yummy pasta. Unfortunately we were way too stuffed to order dessert.
I wrote this review primarily to share my experience so people will keep them so busy they won't be tempted to cut corners. I only gave them 4 rather than 5 circles because I really am a fan of Gorgonzola pasta and it wasn't offered last night. Period.

• Visited February 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“delicious, relaxed meal”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Loved the food, atmosphere, wine list, service....My host and I ordered the fish special, which was supposed to include steamed broccoli and polenta with cheese. When the meal arrived, the side dishes were green beans and pan fried potatoes with pancetta and onions. There would have been no problem with this but I had ordered this particular entree because of the polenta. Our server ( who was great! Thanks Giovanni!) offered to go back to the kitchen and bring us polenta and since I have mentioned the gnocchi, he brought that too! The polenta was delicious ( as was the snapper) but the gnocchi stole the show! We ended our meal with gelato and cannoli, also very good. All in all, a delightful evening!

Visited January 2013
Louisville
“Porcinis is great”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is an excellent Italian type restaurant. The venue, food, and service are all great. Excellent bar service.

The desserts are special.

• Visited September 2012