“Very good”

Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time to enjoy Luigi's. It's an easy walk from the KFC Yum Center, which is where my conference was. Also located right next to the Louisville Slugger Museum, which is fun.

Luigi's has pastas galore, as well as calzones and pizza by the slice. You order at the counter (looking at all the entrees) and are promptly given your piping hot plate of food (large portions) on a tray. The pastas are quite good. I got the lasagna this time, and it did not disappoint. It comes with a piece of focaccia bread.

With drink, the meal was right at $10. Pretty good for a quick meal in downtown.

Lots of seating. Atmosphere is nothing special, but it's a fun cafe style eatery nonetheless. I recommend you try it if you want some Italian food on a budget.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Maybe I was there at a bad time, but I was with a group of 4 people and no one was happy with their orders. The pizza appeared to have been sitting there for quite awhile which should have scared us off, but we were hungry.
I don't like to give bad reviews, but after reading some of the other reviews, this was a big disappointment.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We got here about 1 pm and walked right in. Was a little afraid the food would be old since it was after the lunch crowd and it's on buffet style behind glass. The food was delicious! Can purchase by the slice and they heated it in the oven. The crust was fantastic!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

En visite à Louisville et on découvre Luigi's par hasard et quel heureux hasard! Si vous êtes à Louisville vous devez aller manger la pizza car elle est vraiment délicieuse!! I was visiting Louisville for a show and we discover Luigi's by passing by and wow! If you are in Louisville this the place the eat pizza. Real good and tasty.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stopped in after a recommendation from the Louisville Slugger Factory & Museum. Just a short walk from there and I had arrived. Not a big place, but very clean and it smelled delicious as soon as I walked in. A very nice selection of Italian pizzas and strombolis and pasta to chose from.
I went with the stromboli, a side salad and drink. It was ready in no time and nice and hot. The side salad was served with a dressing choice and it was very flavorful. The stromnolli was hot and served with a side a marinara. Everything had great flavor and was very reasonably priced. The soda was from the fountain and could be refilled, which is nice because I always like to take one to go.
My only complain is that my table wobbled. I had to hold my foot on one of the legs so it wouldn't move as I ate.