“Not worth the trip”

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #223 of 1,764 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 7th St.
LOUYISVILLE KY
“Not worth the trip”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Went to Mortons the other evening by myself. The hostess was not very freindly or engaging. Sat at the bar. There was one coupe there. Bartender was not a professional. Ordered fish and asked for half a side. He said they did not do that. The sides all said for sharing. So it is not the place to eat for one. The meal came and it was a while before the bartender came to check in. The room is nice but no dress code. Jeans, t shrits and baseball caps are accepted. Another class c restaurant. The only plus was the bus gentlemen who were right on the money for service. TH

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank TEDSPARTY

Chicago, Illinois
“Pricey .. but we know this.”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Yes, Morton's is pricey.
Aside from that, we had some fabulous martinis and food here.
Dinner did take a long time to come but the place was very crowded. We sat in the bar area since the dining room was full.
Service was okay, don't know if it was due to the amount of people but our server was hard to reach at times.
The price for sides is ridiculous. $11 for a baked potato is a bit much, Morton's or not.
The main course was great, cooked just right.
Would visit for business if ever in the area again.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Latinhunny33
Louisville, Kentucky
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We eat at a Morton's about 3 times per year. We have eaten at the Louisville Morton's every New Year's Eve for at least the past 15 years. This was one of the worst experiences that I've had there. It wasn't horrible, but for what you spend, it should be exceptional. It wasn't. The appetizers, steak tacos and scallops, were very good. The problem was that the tacos were served about 10 minutes after the scallops. Our dishes sat for a very long time before they were finally cleared. Our water glasses weren't refilled as timely as in past meals either. My steak and my wife's crab cakes were perfect. Two people ordered the Chicken Christopher and both remarked that there were only two pieces of chicken, when in the past there were three in that entree. I know the Landry restaurant group bought Morton's and made many changes. That is one of the dumbest changes that you could make. Their food cost on the piece of chicken that they took away was under $1.00. The entree was $30. Morton's is never a great value, but now that they are scrimping on the portions, I think they are heading down the wrong road. The $11 order of truffle fries were the same frozen variety that you get at Steak and Shake. They were cold 5 minutes after they were brought to the table. Desserts were excellent.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Steven G
Louisville, Kentucky
“Anniversary Time!!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I alternate between going to Morton's and Ruth Chris' Steakhouse for our anniversary every year. We went to Morton's last year, and they created a menu with our names on it, took our picture, and treated us so special all night long. Yes...it was expensive to eat there, but the night was memorable. The food was delicious, the service-on point, and the atmoshpere was pleasant. I think we may just have to make Morton's our place EVERY year!!!

Fort Myers, Florida
“Great steak, wonderful service”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We were visiting for an event with the Kentucky Colonels and it just do happened to me my Mom's birthday. The service was impeccable from the valet all the way to the special photographs to remember the occasion. My boyfriend, who (I swear, it's no exaggeration) drinks at least 12 glasses of water throughout dinner, never had an empty glass. It's usually how I gauge service. :-)

The steaks were perfect. I had the steak and lobster special and it was amazingly fresh and well-prepared. The sides were very tasty -- grilled asparagus, grilled brussel sprouts, potatoes. The desserts were to die for!

It's definitely worth the hefty price tag.