“Best Meal in Louisville”
Review of Mayan Cafe

Mayan Cafe
Ranked #3 of 1,817 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Latin, South American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Phoenix Hill
Description: The Mayan Cafe is a small, intimate space. Photos of our chef's village in Mexico cover the walls. We serve authentic Mayan food in an atmosphere of simple elegance.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Now, we haven't been to a huge number of spots on our visits to Louisville but hands down this place served up the best food we've had in town. Creative, interesting flavors, beautiful presentation, excellent, helpful service, high marks for really, everything.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I went to Louisville looking forward to (really salivating over) what seems to me to be a foodie renaissance mixed with a southern cooking heritage, and this seemed like such a long shot, oh boy, do I risk one of my limited number of meals while in town on this?? I hedge my bet and went with lunch. It was so good, actually the best, and cheapest (remarkable combination) meal of my trip. Yucatec Salbutes!! where will I ever find them again, so good.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This place, in an area with several highly rated restaurants, was packed on an otherwise quiet holiday weekend evening in Louisville. After eating there, we could understand why. Excellent wild scallops ceviche and guacamole appetizers. We dined on the salmon, rabbit and chicken in mole sauce for our entrees. All were very good. As others have stated, the lima beans were exceptional and can be ordered as a side dish. Our son raved about the tender rabbit dish. The coconut flan is a good choice for dessert. The chocolate bread pudding was on the dry side and nowhere near as good as our server suggested. Service is excellent. The Mayan Cafe is a relatively small place that also has a few outdoor tables, so reservations would definitely be recommended, especially on a weekend night. This restaurant would hold its own in any city.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Food was pretty good, a little under-whelming. Decent, but for the money there are much better options. Dining room felt a little jumbled/crowded. Again, decent, but not great.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Everything was great, day outside and had a wonderful lunch. Mostly locally sourced food, definitely try the ceviche