“Food was Really good! Service Needs improvement” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramsi's Cafe On the World

Ramsi's Cafe On the World
Ranked #32 of 1,748 Restaurants in Louisville
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Highlands
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Food was Really good! Service Needs improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We called ahead to reserve a room for 25 people and pre paid $200 for the room. We got there at the time reserved and no room or nothing was set up. Needles to say they gave the appetizers that we paid for to another party. It wasn't until they were cooked and on the table that they realized they were not us. So we got there and there was nothing for us and at that moment the waitress told us that they had mistaken the other party for ours. We waited a few minutes and got settle. Out appetizers were cold. I think that those were the left over appetizers. The food was good I really enjoyed it but I couldn't get passed thru that they made us look bad with out team and had to wait after we pre paid. It was also Monday night...our bill ended up being over $1500 and had to wait for ever...

• 3 of 5 bubbles

chicago illinois
“A trip around the world in one place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food, so many different choices, cool decor, in a hip part of town, inside or outside seating, greatservice. Pollo Nuevo Havana was excellent. Good tea!

Shepherdsville, Kentucky
“One of my favorite restaurants in Louisville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I have been to this Bardstown Rd restaurant several times during spring and summer. I always heard about the great selection and food so one day we were out in that area and decided to try it. It is very unique and eclectic. I love the design and the different areas to eat. A few times we ate out on the patio and then once in the dining room where the bar was. It is just a really neat and enjoyable experience. I also love the vintage music that they play. It makes you feel like you are back in the early days of the city. The food is excellent. I love their salads and bread especially. Everything has been awesome there so far and it truly is one of my fave places to eat at in Louisville.

• Visited June 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Break the Chain Habit and Eat Real Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Nestled in the Highlands next door to Carmichael's bookstore is the eclectic Ramsi's. In the warm weather you can eat outside on the patio or eat indoors. Here you can choose from North African cuisine, Scandinavian, or Chinese. The hummus is to die for--well, almost(nothing is worth dying for but enjoy the hyperbole). Start off with an appetizer like the Brie Bernadette--imported brie with toasted almonds and pecans with crackers and honey, or the prawns with mango barbecue. For your entree go with the Shanghai Stir-fry or the Morroccan Lamb Chops, or the Eggplant Parmesan. Finish off with a dessert of Kentucky Bourbon Chocolate Creme Brulee or the Turkish Tiramisu.
My out of town guests had a delightful time and will come back the next time they come to the Ville. I highly recommend Ramsi's for lunch or dinner.

• Visited June 2012
Bellingham, Washington
“Ramsi's is a Louisville Original - and a joy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Ramsi's is simply my favorite Louisville restaurant. The food is inventive and unique. The atmosphere is urban, eclectic and comfortable. No visit to Louisville would be complete with a meal at Ramsi's.

Visited September 2012