“Unbelieveable Brunch”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Muhammad Ali Boulevard
Description: As the only AAA Five Diamond rated restaurant with the largest wine selection in the state of Kentucky, our award-winning staff infuse naturally grown or raised ingredients to bring you impeccable service and extraordinary cuisine.
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We had the most wonderful experience in the South at the Oakroom. We stayed at the Seelbach for Kentucky Derby and ate there twice. IT WAS SPECTACULAR !!!! From the fresh seafood to the hand cooked beef...it was mouth watering. You must go there for a meal while in Louisville.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

When I made my reservation I didn't realize it was the Sunday after Derby, so needless to say the place was packed. Our server Jamil came to the table and took our drink orders. He brought us one drink and asked if we were part of the "Derby Package". I said no. I am not even sure what the Derby Package entailed. After that we never saw Jamil again. We had to ask the lady that was bussing the tables for drink refills. She was very friendly about it. I have eaten at the Oak Room before , but never noticed that the tip was automatically added on. It bothered me to pay a $33.00 tip to someone that brought us one drink. I did take my bill to the hostess and tell her I wanted that taken off. She took it off and I did give him a $20 tip and I am not sure why I did that. The food was excellent and I will go back, but I will make sure that Jamil or Jamar is not our server. It was my son in laws birthday and he ruined the mood.

Julie D, Manager at The Oakroom, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Please forgive us for the lapse in service. I will say that Jamal is one of our top servers and generally extraordinary in guest service...clearly we were "off" on your experience that Sunday and we sincerely apologize. Next time you would like to join us for brunch I'd appreciate it if you would let me know and I will make certain your experience is as is should be. Feel free to contact me at Julie.DeFriend@Interstatehotels.com.

Warmest Regards,
Julie

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We had a remarkable dinner in The Oakroom, The service was excellent but not stuffy. The plates were beautifully presented, and no detail was overlooked. Two of us had a duo of skate and halibut- both perfectly cooked, incredibly moist. The simple presentation allowed the excellent quality of the fish to shine through. My husband had the bouillabaisse, which was gorgeous and which he enjoyed very much. The sommelier was helpful and we greatly enjoyed the wine she helped us select. For a special occasion, this is a wonderful place. Thank you, Oakroom!

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

OMG! Be prepared to be stuffed with deliciousness! Duck confit quiche, Indian pannar, rare roast beef and spectacular desserts that my sister claimed rivals her Disney dessert buffet that she paid $50 a person! This is a lavish and beautiful dining room in which you are pampered by staff pulling out your chairs, delivering your every whim in a historic environment. Worth every penny! No disappointments!

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We ate here based upon TripAdvisor ratings before the George Strait concert. We always like to try new places whenever we travel. Service was outstanding. We only had 1 1/2 hrs for dinner before the concert started and our waiter was really on it. However, the rest of the experience was a little disappointing. On a Friday night there were only 3 other tables occupied. Husband got the lobster bisque which was really good and I got the shrimp and grits. The shrimp was so tough I struggled to cut it. For entrees, he got the pork trio and I got the barramundi Both were ok not great. Due to our time constraints no time to mention our concerns to our waiter. Probably would try somewhere else next time but we are really picky. But a beautiful place with great service.

Julie D, Manager at The Oakroom, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

We're so glad you joined us for dinner...but very sorry we fell a tad short in the food department! We pride ourselves on providing both outstanding service and food, and appreciate your feedback. I hope your visit to Louisville was excellent overall and sincerely invite you to join us if you find yourselves back in our fair city.

Best Regards,