“Prices have gone up!”

Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 1,829 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Market
Transit: We are conveniently located to public transportation.
Description: Celebrate your special occasion, rehearsal dinner or company meeting at Louisville’s only truly authentic, gourmet Italian Restaurant, Vincenzo’s. With nine private dining rooms, a relaxing outdoor patio, and our beautiful courtyard room, Vincenzo’s Italian restaurant can accommodate Parties from ten to one hundred and fifty. Our in-house catering department will be glad to assist in planning your next event, customizing your menu and decor, and ensuring your every need is met with true Italian hospitality. Celebrate with us at Vincenzo’s Italian Restaurant and put a touch of the extraordinary into your next event!
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My wife and I have been there several times and the food was always excellent, but time got past us and it had been about 5 years since we last went. We decided to go for Valentines weekend. The last time we went, we got a salad and entree and the total bill including tip was about $78. This time we got and appetizer, split a salad and same entrees (we really like what we had last time) and the bill was $137! I did think since grocery prices were going up that there would be a change, but wow! Totally unexpected. We had Pasta and Salmon. No beef. I might expect certain beef products to be higher due to the current shortage, but we did not order anything with beef. Now the service was quite good as usual and the atmosphere is also quite good. But, I can't explain the pricing change. I thought well maybe all the restaurants had changed pricing. I looked at their menus online, and no about the same. So, why the change? I don't mind paying good prices for good food, but I did not expect to pay well over $100 for a couple.

1  Thank mark501

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Just visited for Valentines Day. Stuffed veal for me and wild mushroom ravioli for her; both tasted excellent. The veal was succulent and juicy and a good sized cut. A chocolate covered coconut desert was excellent and decadent. Bill was $170ish for 2 entrees, $40 bottle of wine and dessert; a little pricey but you expect that I think. Our server was somewhat quiet but polite and attentive. Coat check, valet; everything you would expect from a 5 star establishment. My two slight dislikes were the lack of ambiance and the state of my truck when valet brought it to me. There was a piano player when we walked in at about 8:45 but once we sat down I didn't here anything the rest of the night. Not the piano, not any type of low music of any kind. As far as valet, apparently the cars are out on the street somewhere. Being as it was sleeting and snowing this was a problem. My truck was not warmed up and there was ice on the windshield and wipers. They can't control the weather but not having covered parking is a problem to me. My wipers would not work properly all the way home and may be damaged because they were turned on by the valet and were grinding ice on ice. Negatives always take longer to describe than positives, sorry. But the place was great and we will definitely return on a night when it isn't snowing!

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We dined at Vincenzo's while on business in Louisville. We have been here before and keep coming back because it is consistently great. We are greeted as old friends are when we arrive and the service is always top notch. The meals were all delicious both the pasta and seafood dishes.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We found this place from Groupon. I didn't know what to expect, at first we thought we were at the wrong place. We had sort of a budget so we decided we could try more food if we decided to split the meals. We ordered the appetizer crepe with different meats inside, then we had a Cesar salad. Which were both very delicious, the waiters prepared both of them table side. Then we ordered the ravioli and it was the best flavors I have ever had of Italian food. The meal was very good and left us satisfied!

The only things I did not like about this place was the long waiting for food and service. It was sort of busy night but it seemed like we got ignored more because it was just 2 of us, then there were groups of 6 or more around us. Also, we had an unexpected service charge, which we had never seen but we had asked other people (granted we rarely eat at upscale restaurants so it could be normal).So we didn't plan on that extra charge plus a tip, so our bill ended up being the same as if we didn't even have a groupon, which was the whole reason for us trying it.

Other then that, I would probably try it again but only if it is a special occasion!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Maybe it was a bad night for our first visit, but for one who doesn't complain even I was disappointed. Most high end establishments keep your table clean of crumbs, while a celebrity's table next to us was, ours was not.
Out of three entree's only one was outstanding and that was the spaghetti and lobster. I ordered what was suppose to be stuffed pork tenderloin. There was nothing stuffed about the pieces I received which were overlooked and had a greasy gravy which I still taste a day later. The veal which was highlighted by the staff was undercooked. I'm not sure what the tomato and twice baked potato was. The tomato was broiled and really soggy, tasteless like the potato.
Our table lamp wasn't even lit for dinner. We drove almost an hour for this. I want to cut the restaurant some slack, but I can't when the highlight and most enjoyable part of the evening was the coat check attendant.

Vin1350, Manager at Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

I am sorry to hear of your bad experience on your first visit to Vincenzo's. It is unacceptable to have crumbs on the table, and light not lit. We always strive for excellence both in service and food. Accordingly, these issues have been addressed with our staff. I would appreciate giving us a second chance, and allowing us to showcase Vincenzo's as Louisville's premier fine dining restaurant. We hope that you would allow us the opportunity.