“Lovely restaurant, food was very good, not outstanding”

Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 1,767 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Market
Transit: We are conveniently located to public transportation.
Description: Celebrate your special occasion, rehearsal dinner or company meeting at Louisville’s only truly authentic, gourmet Italian Restaurant, Vincenzo’s. With nine private dining rooms, a relaxing outdoor patio, and our beautiful courtyard room, Vincenzo’s Italian restaurant can accommodate Parties from ten to one hundred and fifty. Our in-house catering department will be glad to assist in planning your next event, customizing your menu and decor, and ensuring your every need is met with true Italian hospitality. Celebrate with us at Vincenzo’s Italian Restaurant and put a touch of the extraordinary into your next event!
Boston
“Lovely restaurant, food was very good, not outstanding”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Went with a party of five and everyone agreed the food was good, but no one raved about it, and considering the cost may have expected outstanding food. Service was good. Overall worth going to for a nice night out. It will meet expectations, not exceed them.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank island138

Bardstown, Kentucky, United States
“Very beautiful”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I attended a lunch and was very impressed with the service and the food. I would most certainly go back for a full meal.

• Visited November 2013
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Unless you have a silver spoon stuck somewhere, you're gonna love this place!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I don't get the negative reviews. Maybe u had too much of Vincenzo's amazing wine because these reviews DO NOT reflect our experience at all.

Vincenzo's does cost a lot. Our experience was honestly better then I could EVER imagine. Our captain Garry was awesome. He made my wife and I feel like we were the most important customers. The food was amazing. The setting was beautiful. The Service was 2nd to NONE.

I am bothered with the negative reviews because I don't know what to complain about.

If you have never been, you won't regret going. Our server stretched our budget and gave us several things on the house. We can't stop raving about this place.

Vincenzo's, if our budget allows us, we will DEFINITELY be back.

• Visited October 2013
Jeffersonville, Indiana
“It was ok... Which is not ok, considering the price”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Seated right away.

The service was ok, similar to a medium priced restaurant, sat with an empty glass a couple times..Our server forgot that we ordered our entrees and had to ask us again what we ordered.

Food is very high quality. Presentation is nice.

Bathroom is similar to a gas station. There are rolls of paper towels just sitting there besides the sink. Also two bottles of pump "soft soap" (one empty) by the sink. I think that having the rolls of paper towels is gross - you have to stick your finger in the hole and try to rip off a piece to dry your hands.

My spouse and I together ordered: 1 appetizer, 1 salad, two entrees(average price - mid-$30's), 4 beers ($7/each) and it was right at $150.00.

It was nice to go...once. I feel that Morton's, Ruth Chris, Jeff Ruby's, etc... is a much better value, if you want a high end restaurant in louisville.

• Visited October 2013
Bagdad, KY
“You could have a worse experience, I just don't know where”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We dined with friends at Vicenzo's three weeks ago (it's taken me this long to be able to talk about it) and were so disappointed! This restaurant used to the favorite our friend, who was celebrating his birthdate on this occasion. We made reservations well in advance, and arrived early to have a drink in the bar. The drink was excellent; the lobby freezing; the bartender unfriendly - who ever heard of an unfriendly bartender??

When our table was ready, the greeter tried to seat us at a table almost in the restaurant doorway, crowded in among larger tables. We asked to be seated in a different area, which was better.

Service was unbelievably slow. We were told there was fresh hot bread coming right up, and it did in fact ultimately arrive; hot, yes; fresh, not so much. My entree was just okay. My husband's seafood dressed with olive oil was a soup of bland seafood drowning in pasta and oil.

After the finale of quasi-table side preparation, our server abandoned us. We flagged down a server to ask for coffee, and after awhile the server returned with a small piece of chocolate cake with a candle stuck in in honor of the special occasion!

In order to get finished more quickly, we said to just split the bill 2 ways - and that resulted in a 18% service charge to split the bill!!

Bottom line: if you want a poor and expensive experience from start to finish, here's the place for you.

Visited September 2013