“Very Pleasant Sunday Family Brunch”

Mussel & Burger Bar
Ranked #11 of 1,813 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014

First time here with the family for Sunday brunch. Everyone was pleased with their food, including our 2 grand babies (2 yr olds)! Was about a 30 min wait. Busy place with steady traffic. That's when you know it's good! Pleasant atmosphere. Our server was very attentive and pleasant. We started with the Short Rib Nachos as our appetizer. Delicious!! I had the Brioche French Toast. Loved it! Good sized serving. Was stuffed halfway through it! My son's girlfriend had the Spanish Chorizo and Sundried Tomato Waffles. Also a good sized serving! Only complaint was she wanted more chorizo in it. My son tried the Bacon Breakfast Burger. He enjoyed every bite of it! My daughter had the M and BB Grilled Chicken Sandwich. She also got full halfway through it. The kids had the Chicken Tenders with Fries. My grandson REALLY enjoyed the Truffle Fries and kept letting us know how good it was! Definitely would go back to try more food! Open Mon-Thurs 11-10:00, Fri 11-11:00, Sat 12-11, Sun 12-8:30. $$ Parking lot. A little tucked away, just past Pizza Hut traveling south on Taylorsville Rd. Walk-ins welcome/take out/catering/private parties. 502-384-4834. On Facebook.

1  Thank ViolaM

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing, you can taste the passion in the burgers, juice, fresh and tasty, simply amazing. Also try the mussels, curry are my favorite.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Great experience start to finish. We were greeted and seated promptly and courteously. Our server was very pleasant and helpful. The food was FANTASTIC! The spare rib nachos were terrific and the burgers...oh the burgers. The breads the beef and the toppings were phenomenal. Cant wait for the opportunity to return.

1  Thank persimmonpudding
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I finally got the chance to try Mussels & Burgers and I sure was disappointed! I ordered the muniere mussels entree which was very OKAY. I could not taste any wine in the sauce at all. The mussels seemed to be drowning in a deep, watery soup of butter and parsley - yuck! I think they forgot the wine!

One friend did have mussels with the curry sauce which did have a good flavor. We all rather enjoyed those mussels. However, you will need to 'beg' for bread to sop up the hugh bowl of sauce the mussels come in. One friend suggested if we were ever to return, perhaps we should stop and pick up some bread to bring in with us.

Friends dining with me ordered the turkey sandwich in duck confit and the short rib and cheese sandwich. They came on HUGH, greasy pieces of what looked like Texas toast. The taste was "passable". Most of the sandwiches (half, at least) went uneaten. What a waste. One friend did take home the leftovers as she has a hungary teen at home whom she said would eat "anything". All four of us decided it would be our first & only trip.

If what you crave is HUGH and Greasy then this might be your kind of place. Granted we did not order any of the burgers -- hopefully, that is where we went wrong. After all, this place must have some redeeming quality judging by the other reviews. Alas, I have no desire to give it another try to discover what we may have missed!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

If you want a nice "t-shirt and jeans" sit down meal, what a great choice. An Affiliate of Kentucky Proud and wildly creative, this place is worth many return trips if you have a curious palate. The Local Burger was utterly fantastic!

1  Thank Jamie B