“Great Burgers”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Great Burgers”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Went here with a friend. I had a burger and there sweet potato fries. A little pricy for a burger and fries paid I think 14. But they also have other dishes I will try next time. Great atmosphere. I went here because my buddy knows the owner and is trying to open something similar up in Tampa, Fl. Would recommend to others to try.

1 Thank Louisvillan

Colora, Maryland
“Just really good burgers, and my vegetarian friend was happy too.”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Got the Maple Burger with the killer bacon. Really solid burger. My vegetarian friend had the veggie burger and he was quite pleased as well. It is a little pricey, but it isn't a dive. It is a nice restaurant with great food.

• Visited May 2014
Lexington, Kentucky USA
“Lousy service can ruin a good meal”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Family wanted to take us someplace nice when we visited Louisville, and M&BB won the toss. On a Tuesday evening we considered it a good sign that there was a wait to be seated. Once at the table, the waiter turned up almost immediately to take our drink orders - which turned out to be water, all around; and we ordered an appetizer (Nachos) for the table to share.

When the appetizer was delivered we placed our food orders. Since we'd just returned from France where mussels were standard (and exceptional) fare throughout Brittany and Normandy, we decided to stick with good old American burgers ... and one Philly Mushroom sandwich. We had to ask for flatware and napkins but, once we had them, the nachos were excellent.

Forty-five minutes later, while the tables around us came, were served and left, we flagged down the waiter and asked about our food orders. His rather sharp response was that other tables had been waiting longer than we had. I'm sure that was true but our food did show up within the next few minutes.

The burgers were good and well-prepared but exceptional only in the variety of toppings available. The Philly Mushroom sandwich (on a French baguette) was more of a bread-and-mushroom thing. I've had better at Subway.

We did see the waiter once when he brought more water to the table and once when he delivered the check.

• Visited June 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“I love this place.”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I eat here anytime I am near this place. It is located in a terrible spot, but the food is amazing. I had the Cubana Burger, again. For an extra dollar you can substitute the steak fires for any other potato. This is a must if you like truffle. The steak fries are thick slabs of fresh potatoes fried crispy. Not some frozen variety potato. They come with a truffle mayo that if wonderful. I've never eaten dessert here because I'm so full from the burger.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Steven G
Louisville
“Great Mussels!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Probably the best mussels I have ever had! M&BB has so many mussel choices that it is difficult to make up your mind. I've had or tried probably six different recipes and they were all outstanding. Appitizers fall in the same catagory. Can't speak to the burger side of the menu as the mussels are just too good ...

• Visited March 2014