“Unique and Tasty”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Louisville, KY
“Unique and Tasty”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Having seen and the great reviews on MBB, my wife and I decided to check it out for lunch. We went about 2:00 on a Saturday, figuring that was the best way to avoid the crowds. As it turned out, that was a good idea.

We shared the short rib nachos and mussels Basquaise as appetizers. The nachos were good, but not outstanding as some other reviews had noted. However, the mussels were delicious. Although it only came with 12 mussels, the sauce is what really made the dish. It was made up of chorizo, garlic, and several other spices. We asked for spoons to make sure we didn't leave any sauce behind; it's addictive!

For our entree, we split the Argentinian burger and french fries in truffle oil. Both were excellent. The burger came with provolone and chimichurri sauce, an unusual mixture for a burger but sure worked well together. Burger was huge and was only the "lunch" size, according to our server. She said the dinner size was even bigger. The fries arrived with a truffle aioli dipping sauce and were excellent.

We didn't have room for dessert but would like to try the bacon beignets on our next visit. Our server, Jennifer, did a great job. She was friendly, helpful, and seemed to know the menu well. Total bill came to about $34 plus tax. We look forward to our next stop at MBB.

Minneapolis
“Had Both Foods that I Crave”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Found this place on a drive by with a large group in two vehicles. First, even though the place being located in a strip mall, the restaurant was very inviting, both inside and outside. Very efficient host. He had us all seated within minutes. Our server was patient as their menu of mussel and burgers was extensive. He answered each question as someone who knew and understood the menu. My burger based on cubana was outstanding. I sampled some Greek mussels in Louisville, KY, far from any seashore which turned out to be some of the best I have ever tasted, bar none. The service was excellent and the group left satisfied, even those that could care less about mussels, but liked their burgers.

1 Thank Surfside10
Louisville, Kentucky
“Delicous & Unique Burgers”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife & I were in the area and wanted to try something different for lunch. We had heard great things about this relatively new restaurant and decided to give it a try, We were both very happy we did. I selected the Argentinian burger. It's topped with thickly cut provolone cheese, caramelized onions, chorizo argentine, chimichurri sauce and comes with delicious seasoned fries. My wife selected the Spanish Blue. This burger is topped with La Peral Spanish blue cheese, pepper crest, fig marmalade and comes with sweet potato fries with a side of smoked pineapple dipping sauce. All of the ingredients were fresh and delicious and the portion sizes were very generous. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive and the restaurant décor is very nice. In regards to price, I feel it is priced accordingly to what you receive. If you are looking for McDonalds value meal pricing then go to McDonalds. If you want unique original burgers then this is your place. They also have seafood items on the menu but we did not try those items. Pricing is comparable to Red Robin Burgers. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Overpriced burgers”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

After hearing about this place by a few co workers the wife and I tried it out. We went here for lunch. We were seated right away and had a very friendly waiter. The wife had a seafood burger, fries , and Nutella milkshakes and I had the CEO burger, steak fries and blueberry milkshake. The wife enjoyed her lunch, I liked my burger but the steak fries were terrible. The milkshake was the bomb! The food was ok but I did not think it was worth the $52/ with tip for burgers and fries.

1 Thank hoosierboy72
Louisville
“Best gourmet burgers & great mussels”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Combining 2 of the chefs favorite foods gives us this quirky, yet fantastic theme. Be sure you come ready to eat, as all portions are super-sized. For such great, fresh food you would expect M&BB to be highly priced - not so! Burgers average about $11 & mussels come in small or large portions that are also reasonably priced. The owners are the team who brought us the awesome Guaca-Mole, and formerly Havana Rumba. They know how to run a restaurant!

In addition to serving great food & drinks, they are generous givers back to the community. A recent donation request for a golf scramble prize was met overwhelmingly. What else needs to be said? Great, original food created & served by such passionate people - what are you waiting for? Get to M&BB right away to enjoy an amazing yet affordable meal!