“More disappointment”

Mussel & Burger Bar
Ranked #13 of 1,757 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisville, Kentucky
“More disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place was crowded and slow with a 45 minute wait for a table for two. The building the restaurant is housed in is pretty cool. It is loud. The menu features some nice wines from Portugal and Spain that you don't see everywhere but the pours are small and in mason jars. The menu looks good but the quality of the food is subpar.
The pork nachos were heavy on the pork and cheese and swimming in grease. The burgers are more expensive than Game's and I had trouble locating the meat. Was this pureed meat mixed in with seasoning like Philly Steak sandwiches? Another grease-laden item. The mussels were tiny and the portion again was small for the price and several were unopened due to not cooking them enough.
We split one appetizer and two entrees with 1 drink each for $70.
If you look around you can do alot better.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank dlam6

Louisville, Kentucky
“Burgers and Mussels actually make sense!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Pairing burgers with mussels seems odd. So much so, that I hesitated to eat mussels at a burger bar. So, on my first visit, I went purely with the beef. Good burgers come in different forms, depending upon your desire or taste. This place focuses on gourmet and they do it well. Everyone at my table raved aout their burgers, from the spicy to the bleu cheese versions.

So, because the burgers were so good, the next visit (next two visits), I went mussels. And, I was not disappointed! The curry cream and the bleu cheese versions were wonderful! Also tried the calimari app which weirdly reminded me of Bang Bang Shrimp at Bonefish. So good!

Only negatives: no draft beer, all bottles. I get that at home, so I like a few kegs in my bar.

Also, I tried the grilled fish tacos. I have to think the fried version would be better with the spicy mayo. The grilled fish just kind of clashed for me. That said, the corn on the cob was INCREDIBLE! Lightly fried with something cheesy and wonderful as a covering. Not sure i want to know how they added the taste and calories, but .... Good stuff!

• Visited July 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Thought I was in for a treat. Nope!!! Hammer heads burgers totally rock, burgers here were nothing compared to them. Mussels were good and decent portion. Fries weren't that great either.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ahmed E
Bethesda, MD
“A fund place with very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is a hoot. Great burgers and veggie burgers. And the mussels were as good as any we've had at the finest restaurant. Lots of buzz.

• Visited August 2013
Chester County, PA
“This IS the real deal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Went with friends while visiting Louisville. They told us we were in for a treat, and they were correct. We arrived about 6pm, later would be bad (unless you don't mind waiting a bit). The menu is fantastic. Start with a pitcher of there Margarita Blend, not a generic blend either; very good. Started with Lamb Meatballs with ricotta and baby basil. My partner and I split Blue cheese/shallot/ garlic mussels, over the top great. Then we split a short rib and cheese sandwich with a side of truffle fries. Others had different variations of their mussel offerings and lamb sliders. Would have given it 5 stars, but all the food came out at the same time. Would have loved to savor the flavors more. Don't miss out on this place, it' great!

Visited August 2013