“One of our new favorites in Louisville”

Mussel & Burger Bar
Ranked #14 of 1,801 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013

For only being open for 8 weeks this place has it's act together. My husband & I consider ourselves foodies and could not wait to try this place out. I do not like mussels but decided to try them anyways. We ordered the Mexican Mussels for an appetizer and the portion was huge for $7. I LOVED them!!! They were full of flavor and the cilantro was very fresh. They served them with fresh french bread to help with the heat and you wanted to dip the bread in the sauce when the mussels were gone. My husband is very traditional and ordered a dressed cheeseburger and fries and I have to say it's the best burger we have had in Louisville. Very juicy and the Angus meat was cooked just right. I had the Seafood Burger and after one bite I was sold. It was a crab patty with shrimp and lobster on a soft pretzel bun. I have to admit that is was better than what I order at the beach every summer. The fries are hand cut with salt and fresh black pepper. You could really order the mussels and split a burger because the servings are huge. Our waitress was very friendly and very attentive. They have a great staff here. I loved the upscale setting with a $10 burger. Who says you can't have classy and a burger.
Our waitress talked us into dessert since they had flown in a chef from Miami and he had prepared a carrot cake with pineapple and spiced ice cream. We left stuffed and very happy. We will be back soon!!

There are newer reviews for Mussel & Burger Bar

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The place was crowded so we had to sit at the bar. Very good service from some busy bartenders.
The mussels were great. The burgers, although big, were not quite as good.

The venue is a little weird, having taken over a failed fancy place. Columns and all just do not quite look like a burger place.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We ate lunch at Mussel and Burger Bar today. I've heard really good things about this place and I was eager to try it myself. My lunch was almost perfect. I had a Cuban burger with Serrano Ham and home made potato sticks. It was terrific! This burger comes with sweet potato fries, but I was allowed to substitute the truffle fries. That was a great choice. The sandwich and fries came with a truffle aoili that was incredible. The only down side of the meal was the Maple Bacon Beignets. They weren't horrible, but the weren't really beignets. They were more of the texture of large doughnut holes, not as light and airy as they should be. That was the only negative to an otherwise great lunch. I'll be back soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We heard about this restaurant from a friend! We were so lucky, we went on a Saturday night, and only had to wait 15 minutes!!! Our group tried several things! The short rib nachos were great, but the LAMB MEATBALLS were amazing!

Collectively we tried the Mexican, the Southern Belle, and Argentina BURGER! All were wonderful and very filling. I even had my Southern Belle without the bun, it was so filling and tasty!

The portion sizes are huge! It is worth the wait, the food is amazing! We will be returning, time and time again!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our first visit to Mussel & Burger Bar and it won't be our last. Started with an order of Blue Cheese Beer Pancetta Mussels. We'd had oysters but not mussels and these were very good. The broth and the crusty bread were really good as well. For our meals, I ordered the CEO burger without the foie gras - it came with gruyere cheese, truffle aoili, caramelized onions, baby arugula, confit tomatoes and it came with steak truffle fries. My husband ordered the BBB (Bacon Breakfast Burger) with caramelized onions, aged white cheddar cheese, maple syrup aoili, maple syrup glazed pork belly, fried farm egg, and it came with sweet potato fries with smoked pineapple dipping sauce. We both raved about these fork and knife burgers and the fries as well. For dessert, I ordered the triple pots de creme - Nutella, pistachio, and dark chocolate, and it was way too much for one person to eat - but now I have some to look forward to tomorrow. My husband ordered the apple galette which came with their housemade vanilla ice cream. As an apple pie lover, he said this was very good with a flaky crust and the ice cream was very good. So many choices for future trips. Our server, Ian, was also very attentive and helpful in giving us information about his favorites.

1  Thank BuckeyeGal54