“Really unexpected”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Really unexpected”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Better than reviews. Ate ate 8ish on a Saturday nite where not much was going on. About 12 people in the place ad probably hold 150 (converted shotgun house). Still the atmosphere was good (country music playing and the people that were here were lively). The app of 2 different salsas were really good. I got the burger (which I get in places where I should order something else). Even my wife said it was really good. We got 3 tacos and split everything. All of them were good. Burger was $8 and each taco avg $3.50. Not bad for downtown L-vile. Draft beer about $5 on avg for 16oz. I'll be back!

• Visited September 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice place, still trying to find its groove”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Manny and Merle serves up very good food. Fish tacos and chorizo tacos were both very, very good and reasonably priced. I was not wowed by the chips and salsa, and margaritas were heavy on the sweet stuff and light on the hard stuff. Overall, though, it was a very good meal.

Be warned: it is really, really loud. And that's before the live music starts. Service was very friendly and on the ball -- when the condensation from the A/C above us started dripping on my arm, they moved us very quickly, without hesitation, and with an extra basket of chips. I would definitely go back for a casual evening with friends next time I'm in town.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank GJW3
Louisville, Kentucky
“great food for a small space”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

menu is small but food is delish. we stopped in tonight, 7-26-13. so glad we did..
had chips/salsa, tacos (best taco ever) and a burger. Every bite was excellent
will return.

1 Thank Vicki B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I would go again.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family went here while staying in Louisville and loved it. The food is fabulous. I am back home and am really craving it! Our daughter is a vegetarian and was pleasantly surprised they had a vegetarian option that wasn't a cheese taco. Only bad is it is a little pricey. A taco was 3dollars(we got a dollar off during happy hour) and was tiny. I would still go again though so you know the food is that good. Check it out!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Perfection!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were in Louisville with 3 kids and stumbled upon Manny & Merle's. we could not have been more pleasantly surprised. Happy hour was ending in 5 minutes so we ordered Margaritas for 1/2 price (best ever, and I am picky). We then found out the tacos were $1 off and even though it was a couple minutes after 7 our waiter gave us the special.

The menu is small, but everything was amazing. We had 4 different tacos, pretzels and queso, chips and queso, chips and salsa, and carne asada. Our kids liked everything too.

The service was great, all servers helped each other out and there was absolutely no pressure. Food was brought very quickly.

Plan to stop tomorrow for a drink during happy hour. Can't say enough about this place, other than it makes me wish I lived near Louisville!

1 Thank emm71