“Pizza and service were great!”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #254 of 1,764 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pizza is our Art, Beer is our Muse, Good times are always on our menu. 40 Craft Beers, Family Friendly, Locally Owned
“Pizza and service were great!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I went on a girls' weekend to Louisville. First we got pie at Pie Kitchen and we were talking about eating at Mellow Mushroom. As we walked in, this kid walk out and said "Mellow Mushroom is the bomb." And it really was. We went and my mom got a salad that she really enjoyed and a pepperoni and mushroom pizza with extra sauce. I got the Philosopher's Pie without olives. When my mom got her pizza though, the waiter explained that as they were plating her pizza, a piece had slid off. He said they'd make it up to her by bringing her a whole new fresh pizza for free! What!? So generous! The pizza was also delicious. So tasty! The waiter was also super polite and gave us great service! I'll definitely be back!

Jennifer H, Public Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hey friend - thanks for the review. We're stoked to hear that you dig our style - and think we're the BOMB! We work hard to create the perfect atmosphere for great food, great drinks and fun! We also believe that great service is key, so we love hear that you were pleased. We hope you will come see us again soon! Keep it Mellow, friend!

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Great thai-dye pizza”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Last night we thought we'd give Mellow Mushroom a try for the first time. We got a large thai-dye which had curried chicken, tomatoes,onions, it has an olive oil and garlic base then topped with diced cucumbers and drizzled with a sweet chili sauce- we were very pleasantly surprised at how good it was- my husband couldn't stop eating it until it was gone(4 slices). LOL I highly recommend this pizza but we haven't tried any others!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Shelley C
Hey there, friend! Thanks for the review - we're so glad to hear that you dig our style. We pride ourselves on offering a large variety of toppings and sauces so everyone can have their own personal, perfect slice of Mellow. We have to admit, the Thai Dye is one of our absolute favorites as well. We hope you'll come hang with us again soon. In the meantime, Stay Mellow! Cheers!
Louisville, Kentucky
“Delish PIzZA”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I am not a pizza eater but this pizza is a gourmet delight. It's great to visit in warm weather, the windows open. Great beer, relaxed atmosphere! Love it!!

Visited October 2012
Jennifer H, Public Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We're so happy to hear that you dig our style! We try to create the perfect atmosphere (as well as the perfect slice) for everyone. We hope you'll come hang with us again soon! Keep it Mellow.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excitment followed by Disappointment”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was so excited to see a MM open in Louisville and told my brother and his wife that we had to go there because the one I ate at in TN was so amazing. The place was packed on a Saturday night, we waited for about 25 minutes or so, no big deal.

The main problem was our service, it was actually below average and the table was way too small for our party which made it difficult once the food started arriving. I didn't get one refill on my drink, actually I don't think anyone did at our table. The appetizer was pretty good (hot pretzels) but the pizza didn't do justice to the pizza a had at the MM in TN (chicken ceasar pizza). I wanted the same pizza again but it wasn't on the menu so I figured that was a seasonal pizza so we got a buffalo chicken pizza instead. The pizza was average, I've had better buffalo pizza elsewhere but the biggest problem was the pizza wasn't even hot when it came out. The flavor was ok but you expect pizza to be hot once it comes out especially considering the cost of this place.

The waitress was friendly when she could be found but you could tell this place just doesn't have it's mojo yet. The waitress was inexperienced and seemed frazzled. She set our pretzel plate with a few sauses on top of something else which nearly caused the sauses to topple over onto the table and would have if we hadn't picked the plate up ourselves. She didn't seem to mind or notice one bit. One plate was delived by another person, a young man which seemed to be trying to break a speed record for delivering pizza to another table. Imagine being in conversation and out of the blue someone comes out of nowhere and quickly just drops of your food and then is gone just as fast. Tacky...I would say so. These are a few examples of the bad service we received. I would go back after some time expecting the staff to get it together with some experience but overall the only reason I give it an average is because of past experiences at MM. If the service doesn't improve, I will take my business elsewhere...

Get it together MM...I know you can do better!

• Visited February 2013
Jennifer H, Public Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We are so sorry to hear that your most recent visit with us at Mellow was less than expected. We strive to provide a fun atmosphere for great food, great drinks and great service as well. We also believe that Mellow pizza should be consistently delicious, so we hate to hear that your experience with us was not so great. If you decide to give us another shot, please let us know ahead of time and we will make sure that your time with us is up to par.

Also, the Chicken Cesar Specialty Pizza is only on the menu at certain locations, but feel free to ask next time you're in and I'm sure they will be more than happy to accommodate your request and create the perfect pie for you!

We really hope you will come hang with us again in the future. In the meantime, stay Mellow, friend!
TN
“Good food but....”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The service left a little to be desired. Not a big deal when your order is taken and food/drinks delivered promptly which was the case. I did get the impression that being there was a bother though. Food was good though. Probably will try again when in the area.

• Visited February 2013
Jennifer H, Public Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We're stoked that you enjoyed your food, but not so happy that your visit was not up to par. We apologize and hope that you will come see us again in the future. If you do decide to give us another shot, please let us know beforehand and we will make sure you have a great experience. Stay Mellow, friend!