“One of our favorite restaurants” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Louisville, Kentucky
“One of our favorite restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is our favorite vegetarian restaurant by far. Lots of salads, soups and small plates to choose from. I love getting several choices to share for a wonderful variety. Love the pot stickers and fried noodles. Lots more too. They have a casual place next door which we want to try in the near future.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Roots: Outstanding Vegetarian Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

The calming beautiful decor, the friendly staff ( our server was Roy), and the outstanding vegetarian food made our meal at Roots a wonderful experience. My daughter and I ordered the forbidden rice risotto (yummy!), beech mushrooms, seasonal root vegetables, and the steamed banana leaf. All were an array of amazingly delicious and mouthwatering flavors and textures. When my husband and I return in May, we'll be heading straight to Roots.

• Visited January 2014
Monterey, California
“We're going back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Outstanding food...although not totally vegan..what is, is spot on. The vegan "pho" soup is some of the best "pho" soup I have ever had, meat or not. And I have lived in Los Angeles so I've had some great "pho"

For my main course I had the tofu clay pot with brown rice...another winner. It was well seasoned and the pot kept the meal hot throughout.

My companions had the Japanese eggplant and pan fried rice noodles....all delicious.

We ended dinner with the chocolate and peanut butter pie....even without the offered whipped cream (non vegan) it was terrific.

Leaving we went next door to the carry out portion of the restraint (Heart and Soy) and got a Vietnamese sandwich to go....another great item

I would recommend you go out of your way to eat here.....

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Huntington, New York
“An amazing and unlikely surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

On a slow Sunday evening visiting from NY, we dined here to be lucky enough to sit in the comfy and clean "floor" in the back room of this unique find. We are not vegetarians, mostly for the sheer fact that it is VERY difficult to find a GREAT vegetarian place anywhere, but mostly to cook these meals at home is challenging. After being spoiled by a great vegetarian place in New Hope, PA we were convinced no where else would compare. Once dining at Roots of Louisville, we were proven wrong. Not a huge fan of tofu, the Tofu Clay Pot stole my heart as my favorite dish and that was a HUGE surprise! The Crispy Pita Chips were good but needed a bit more truffle to be 100% on point. We also ordered the vegetable fajitas which were on special that day and my best friend claimed this as her favorite vegetarian meal she'd EVER had... EVER. ANYWHERE. The only thing that slightly disappointed was the bubble tea, but I can confidently say that I have had some GREAT authentic bubble tea, so it was a hard one to beat. Overall, I'd return here again and again. Even the service was fabulous and the server was extremely knowledgable on all the dishes and what would satisfy us. This is a great place. Can not WAIT to try next door at Heart & Soy next time!

• Visited October 2013
Dublin, Ohio
“Vegetarian Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Fabulous menu, delicious food, and excellent service. Top rate vegetarian food at a very reasonable price. Great atmosphere, and great service.

Visited September 2013