“Best Bakery in Town”

Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best Bakery in Town”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've been going to Nord's since before it was Nord's, back when it had different owners. I was glad the quality stayed the same when the Nords bought the place. I loved their chocolate honey buns, but have to try not to stop for them very often because of the calories! Nice people, very friendly. I've tried just about everything in the place, but the donuts are tops. Very reasonably priced, especially compared to the other Louisville "chain" shops.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mashie57

“Cake was wonderful”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I called 2 days ahead from out of state & ordered a cake for a family reunion, a half-sheet. The staff was very courteous & professional. Went to pick up our cake around noon & was so surprised to say almost all the racks were empty. This bakery must be amazing for them to be sold out by noon. Our cake was very moist and delicious. Definitely would recommend Nord's Bakery, wish I could have gotten there earlier to try their other goodies !

• Visited July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“My choice for wedding cake”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I used to live down the block from Nord's and its a great bakery! We loved their donuts so much that we had our wedding cake done there. I hate fondant and cakes that look good but taste bad, so Nord's was the choice for us. They did a great job and our wedding guests were all asking where it came from because it was so pretty AND delicious! Since then, I've gotten several cakes made for various occasions and they are always GONE. Reasonably priced too!

• Visited July 2012
“Love to Visit”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Whenever my aunt and uncle visit Louisville, we always take a trip to Nord's, since she was raised in Germantown. Get there early. When we arrived at the bakery around lunchtime, the selection of donuts was limited and there there wasn't a single kuchen in sight. I was so hoping for a butter and cheese one. The ladies working behind the counter were very friendly and told us to call ahead next time and they would hold our orders for us.

• Visited June 2013
“Top baked goods.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

For my money, Nord's is the best - their doughnuts are actually tasty & not just sugary. It's obvious that someone still gets up in the middle of the night to make yeast-raised doughnuts and also knows how to cook them so they are delicate & satisfying.

Visited November 2012